• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case for GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

i6pwr

Sort of getting the itch for my AMD build and this board just keeps getting in the way of my eyes..:drool:

Will only be using air cooling, but would like a quiet case to house the caviar blacks, looked at the Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 but dislike the silver. Looked at the Xaser but not fond of the red...would like black and hopefully to keep the price at $200 or less.

Colors aren't too critical but black preferred, the Gigabyte site shows the Xaser and Lian Li cases supported but I assume there has to be more that will house that MB.

Any help appreciated...I figure with an E-ATX case and this MB..I should be happy for awhile.

Should probably be in the case section. It's an E-ATX case, so just search newegg with the parameters of E-ATX cases. :thup:

Edit: I checked and E-ATX isn't an option, but almost all full tower ATX cases fit E-ATX. How about the Whisper?

Sorry about that, I saw "cases" under cooling and didn't scroll down.

Seen alot of the full towers but curious as to which one is relatively quiet or "quieter" than others , and trying to keep cost down.

In that case, the one I posted would do wonders! It's not a real flashy case, it's full tower so it gives you some space to work with and it'll easily accommodate the UD7. If you're wondering about quite, just look at it's name! :D

Here's the Newegg link again. Whisper If you don't like the colored fans, or want a different color, the money you save buying this case could easily be put towards new fans. :thup:

Allright, so basically any full-tower will work with this MB?

Gigabyte gives a list and they are only specifying the Xaser 4000 cases, and a couple Lian Li's. I thought E-ATX was E-ATX.

Board measures 32.5 x 24.4 cm

Not all full towers are E-ATX compatible. While NewEgg doesn't sort by that compatibility, the case will have that in its specs page. The Antec 1200 for example is not E-ATX compatible.

That mobo is basically designed for enthusiasts looking for quad crossfirex. I'm not sure what else this offers you over the UD5, but I'd get the UD5. It is a normal sized ATX board that allows for triple crossfirex.

The "problem" with the UD7 and other E-ATX sized mobos is that their expansion slots start one lower. In the case of most ATX Mid tower and full tower cases, it would make the last PCI-e slot unavailable to be used. Take that Whisper case for example. When you'd mount the mobo, its first pci-e slot would occupy the 2nd and 3rd case slots if you get a dual-slot graphics card. Continuing down the last slot would use slots 8 and 9 for your 4th graphics card. Most of the cases only have 7.

Most people don't run quad crossfire so it might not be a problem. But then if you don't wanna run quad crossfire, why get the UD7? If you are wanting to run quad crossfire, then you'd need a case with 9 slots. I'd recommend the HAF-X. I have the HAF 932, and it is extremely quiet due to the large fans.

I was looking at the UD7 mainly because I won't need to change it for a long time. However, from a practical standpoint....I won't be needing the slots for a long time either so you are correct that I don't need a board with 9 slots.

Just going for the candy mainly...but will lean toward the standard ATX MB.

HAF 932 works with it but you have to move power supply to the top, which makes you remove the top fan :(

Back