• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with chipset and video driver m4a89gtd pro usb3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

k88

I have a m4a89gtd pro usb3, but I´m having problems with the installation of my chipset and video driver, the last time I didn´t install de driver of the chipset, only the video (ati catalyst 10.6) and the effects of aero works perfectly, but this time I´ve installed the chipset before catalyst and give error after reebot, ATI driver is not installed", something like that it says, I tried driver sweeper to clean the rest of the componentes but is the same if I uninstall o back to install:blah:, any suggestion?

Are you using the latest chipset and video drivers or the ones that came with the board/card? I always check for updates before installing drivers from the CD - in fact, I seldom use the included CD and just go with what I find on the websites ...

Are you using the latest chipset and video drivers or the ones that came with the board/card? I always check for updates before installing drivers from the CD - in fact, I seldom use the included CD and just go with what I find on the websites ...

I´m not using the latest drivers, in the site of asus, only shows a history of one driver for my chipset: 8.700 the on I think is what I have in my CD, now for my onboard driver I´m using catalyst 10.5 and, in the begginin of windows it says: NO ati driver installed:shrug:

I tried other things and nothinG happens, I´m boring of not have aero :soda: I know is only a effect but I like it :shrug:, any suggestion of how uninstal my chipset and my onboard driver, without cause any issues with my hardware?

If I want to get rid of a driver I find where it's located on the HDD then boot into command line mode and delete it manually. Having used DOS for almost five years before Windows even came out it's easier for me to do it that way ... :shrug:

If I want to get rid of a driver I find where it's located on the HDD then boot into command line mode and delete it manually. Having used DOS for almost five years before Windows even came out it's easier for me to do it that way ... :shrug:

Thanks for the advice, I´ll try that in a few days, and let you know how it goes....

I downloaded the lastest and Nothing happens! still with the problem

everything is ok after install CM 212+ and a corsair 650tx weird :S

SO it was either too hot, underpowered, or some kind of bad connection somewhere that got corrected when you swapped hardware.

Glad you got it fixed ... :thup:

SO it was either too hot, underpowered, or some kind of bad connection somewhere that got corrected when you swapped hardware.

Glad you got it fixed ... :thup:

Mmmm last time I have ocz 600w modxstream, I don´t think was underpowered (dead right now), maybe was getting too hot, idle I had it about 40C and 60 full load with prime 95 for 8 hrs all stock

Back