• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Analog Thermometor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Raypundo; Actually there are both NTC (negative temperature coefficient) and PTC (positive temperature coefficient) thermistors. With NTC the relationship between temp and resistance is indeed inverse. However, with PTC, they are directly related.

As far as a status update, I have none. The project is stalled at this point since I have not yet received the VU Meters I purchased on Ebay. I've also been out of the country on business for the past week, so no time to work on it. I get back into the states tomorrow, hopefully my meters will have arrived and I can begin testing.

Yes they can be both, it was just more of a heads up when designing. I have generally encountered the inverse type in my work (but most sensor I use are RTD's or TC's, but there is still a number of Thermistors in use as well).

Back