• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LGA-775 Mobo Replacement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barryng

I am currently using a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Mobo and a 3.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo running at 3.8 Ghz. Tonight the machine just shutdown and I suspect either a power supply failure or a mother board short circuit. Although I ordered a new power supply, I am thinking ahead to what would be an appropriate replacement mobo.

I am very happy with the performance of my existing CPU/Mobo combination and I do not think I can substantially improve upon this performance, at any reasonable cost, by replacing both the mobo and CPU. Therefore, if necessary, I just want to replace the mobo but the GA-EP45-UD3P is no longer a current product.

I am looking for a recommendation for a new mobo that will provide the same performance as the GA-EP45-UD3P.

Is the Gigabyte GA-EP45T-USB3P backward compatible with my DDR2 memory?

Would being forced to upgrade to DDR3 provide a consequential improvement in performance?

The UD3P is a great board and you're right when you say you prolly can't get much better. How old is your UD3P?

The EP45T-USB3P isn't backwards compatible to DDR2, so you'd have to get new RAM.

The UD3P is a great board and you're right when you say you prolly can't get much better. How old is your UD3P?

The EP45T-USB3P isn't backwards compatible to DDR2, so you'd have to get new RAM.

That stinks. I'm surprised the lack of P45 boards still for sale. I'm looking to upgrade my 965P to a P45 so I can OC my Q6600 further and squeeze some new life out of it. The G41s seem to be in abundance, but I hear they are crappy for OC'ing and they have onboard VGA which I don't need.

If I have to purchase DDR3 I might as well upgrade the entire system to i7.

I suppose I'll look at buying used.

I am currently using a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Mobo and a 3.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo running at 3.8 Ghz. Tonight the machine just shutdown and I suspect either a power supply failure or a mother board short circuit. Although I ordered a new power supply, I am thinking ahead to what would be an appropriate replacement mobo.

I am very happy with the performance of my existing CPU/Mobo combination and I do not think I can substantially improve upon this performance, at any reasonable cost, by replacing both the mobo and CPU. Therefore, if necessary, I just want to replace the mobo but the GA-EP45-UD3P is no longer a current product.

I am looking for a recommendation for a new mobo that will provide the same performance as the GA-EP45-UD3P.

Is the Gigabyte GA-EP45T-USB3P backward compatible with my DDR2 memory?

Would being forced to upgrade to DDR3 provide a consequential improvement in performance?

Warranty the UD3P, it has a three year warranty, you should still be within that.

I appreciate all the good responses.

My instinct tells me the power supply is the problem so a mobo issue may not come to pass (here's hoping). I isolated the power supply from every device it is connected to, including the two mobo 12V 4 pin connectors and was unable to isolate the problem. I ordered a new power supply from Newegg last night with overnight delivery so I will have it on Tuesday. The three year warranty on the OCZ power supply expired in May but I am going to call them anyhow to see if they will do anything.

My UD3P was purchased in Feb, 2009 so it is still under warranty. I certainly will take advantage of this but I am between the proverbial rock and a hard place because I need access to my computer. I handle a number of personnal and family business related issues on this machine so I have to be concerned about the time for Gigabyte to replace the board. If the mobo proves to be the problem I will see if Gigabyte will let me pay for second day shipment and hold a credit card number until I return the defective board.

Thanks again for all the advice above.

This is off topic but there's really mobos out there that are backwards compatible with RAM? Like DDR3 board could possibly depending on the make take DDR2?

Back