• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with my first water cooling build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gabloo

Hello Everyone,

I had built couple computers in the past with regular cooling system for myself but now I want to learn putting water cooling system on my up coming build. My budgect is around 300. I do not need highend parts for my build put i would like to make it look nice. My main focus is on cooling cpu and graphic card. I had read a lot from this forum and tom'harward website but I am having trouble picking parts. If you guys can list a few items for me that would be great.

I wil be putting watercooling on

i7-930 ( Planning to overclock )
Asus P6T SE
Cooler Master Haf 932

For $300 you can do either the cpu or the gfx. Don't bother cooling the mobo, that's just bling 99% of the time, cut it for budget. What all have you read that you're still having a hard time picking? Have you discovered skinneelabs.com? If not, that should aid you greatly in terms of picking parts. I'd offer more help but you haven't said whether your focus is on performance or quiet (you get one when you're on a budget). Also, how much reading have you done on assembling your loop, actually assembling it once everything shows up? If you haven't read everything in the sticky here I suggest you do that before you buy any components. Good luck, post if you need some more help or guidance.

Hello m0r,

I am focusing on Performance but if i choose to go that route is that mean my cooling equitment will make a lot of noise? If so, I will choose the quite route. I had read all the sticky. Since i have very tight i will go for cooling cpu. Can you please recommand a set of part for my budget? Since this is my first time, I am very worry about picking wrong items.

thanks

Ok, well for performance that just means you'll be on higher noise fans, if you can sink $30-50 into a fan controller you can undervolt them and get a quasi quiet system...for both you just get a ton of rad space and fans and what not...

any particular reason it has to come from ppcs? sidewinder is quite good for prices as is frozen-cpu...also have you looked at skinneelabs.com? The better way of doing this would be for you to part out your loop and then come post here what you're considering so we can tell you if you picked anything wrong...the problem with me picking is that you may not get the ideal combination for you personally, because quite often things are very near interchangable.

$300 is probably $150 short for your loop for CPU and GPU at a minimum.

You said you read the sticky. Just to read all the material it should take 3-4 hours minimum. And more to comprehend it. Methink you need to dig in some more, and read 20-30 posts here in this forum that sould like yours from beginning to end and take notes on what we recommend 15 times a month to new folks like you.

You don't seem to have enough general info yet to understand what and why we would recommend anyway. So give it a few days.

Another link to keep you busy for a week or so.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6489396&postcount=3

Back