• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me find a Video card under 150$

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zhut

Hello everyone,

My 9800GT bit the dust after about 3 years use and I am without a video card now for my main pc. My main system specs are in my sig. My current game (Previously Everquest and WoW, but tired of them) is DDO (Dungeons and Dragons online). For the past week I have been running DDO "ok" on my old amd pc with a 6600 nvidia card, which still amazingly runs like a champ.

I plan to buy a new card within the next week. My monitor is the Hanns G 27.5 inch at 1920x1200.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254043&Tpk=hanns g 28

I have never owned an ATI card but I am thinking of a 4850 or something in the range and trying out ATI (hopefully the changeover will be simple and I will be happy with it). I really do not want to pay for more than I will use in a video card.

Thank you all for your advice/opinions in advance. I would prefer to purchase the card brand new. I am open to suggestions toward nvidia or ati cards.

Thank you for the replies! I will have to investigate these cards. The 5770 looks nice right now with the free shipping and after rebate cost.

Yes! I have much love for the Tpower! It is tough and matches well with the E8400. The potential x fire down the road is a good point too.

Last edited:
5770 all the way.

Performance wise it should be around the range of a 4870/4890, but from what I hear about it, it clocks like hell.

Thank you all for the advice! I ended up ordering the Sapphire 5770 from the egg, I hope install goes well when it arrives.

Back