• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M4A89TD PRO/USB3 boot disk error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cown

Hi Guys

I have recently installed an ASUS M4A89TD motherboard. Everything went well during installation, but now the motherboard somehow forgets how to boot up windows. The controller settings in BIOS are set to AHCI instead of PCI, but sometimes when the computer has been turned off it wont boot windows and posts a no system disk error. I then change the settings to IDE and then it boots, but when turned off again the same problem occurs, and vice versa. Can this be related to the BIOS not being updated? Or is it something else?

Thanks in advance.

It's possible this is a BIOS issue but BIOS effects so many things it's hard to say. If you're having an odd issue like this I'd update, if there is one.

Edit:
Missed the USB part of that. If there is a legacy USB option in BIOS that can usually be disabled. Don't know if it'll help or not ...

Back