• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm about to make it into the top 1000 for our team.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Younglin

I'm currently in position 1044. I'm on vacation and left my GPU and PS3 to crunch away. By August 13th I should hit 100 000 points. Nothing compared to a lot of guys of this site but still it's an achievement for me.

Any advice on how to get more PPD? And also my gpu only ever hits 90 percent usage. Why is that? Most of the time it only hits 80 or 50 percent.

I remember being so excited not too long ago when I hit the top 1000 mark. Every last bit helps the cause. Just be patient and keep at it. Congrats :clap::beer:

I was reading a thread and someone said they get like 300 extra PPD if they make F@H high priority, is that true?

Found this on the matter:

How do I manually adjust the priority of the Folding@home core?

The work is done by the fahcore, not the client process, so changing the priority on the client has no impact on performance. The priority for the fahcore is set to "Idle" by default (but displays as normal in Task Manager). The client is already designed to use all spare CPU cycles, so changing the Windows priority is unnecessary. If the FAH client is competing with another process running at "Idle" such as a background AV scan, there is a client option to run at a "Low" priority. Run the console client with the -config switch to change the setting.

936 and climbing..........WTF Younglin :beer:

Nice ramp up on the graph :shock:.....That's the way it should look. :clap:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 144
I just (re-)caught the folding bug recently, and joined the folding team.

Recaught :confused: ........I don't know of anyone that's been able to shake it in the first place.........:p

Once it gets a hold of you........:comp:

Fold on :attn:

Congrats on reaching your goal. Looking to the next personal milestone really helps keep the folding bug alive. Every little bit counts. As I reach my goals I always look at what the next one is. I remember one of mine was to reach the first page on the team Stanford stats site.:p My next personal goal is my first million...soon...very soon...:rock:

Foldon :salute:

Back