• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]North American GO OC 2010 - And The Winner Is...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
Just a quick note from the community here, as some of our own deserve some recognition for a great showing over the weekend! Congratulations to Senior Member and Benchmarking Team Leader Sno.lcn (Jeremy Clifton) on taking first place, and to Senior Member Ross on his third place finish! As the first place winner, Sno.lcn takes home a round trip flight and accomodations for the final GO OC 2010 event, and both take home a pretty nice system build by iBuypower.

...Return to Article

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats once again, sure is nice to see our guys making some waves in the real world.

Congrats again guys.

Can't help but point out that this is the 3rd year in a row it's been won by an OCF member!
Ross in 2008
Miah in 2009
And now
Jeremy in 2010

Wow Dean, great addition there! I knew we had some guys who had won it before, but didn't realize this was the 3rd year in a row!

Great work guys!

Thanks everyone. It was an insanely tough competition and so much fun!

Hicookie posted this at XS, it's the scores for the top two winners.

congrats to 2 winners will attend the GOOC 2010 final in Taipei

screenshots from winners

sno.lcn

Pifast 14.22
pifast14.jpg

wprime 2.875
wprime2.jpg

Super Pi 8m 1'19.046
superpi1m19.jpg

MaxMEM 23256 MB/s memory - read
maxxmem23256.jpg

Mikeguava

Pifast 14.25
64640550.jpg

Wprime 2.718
wprime271.jpg

Super Pi 8m 1'19.828
119em.jpg

MaxMEM 24297 MB/s memory - read
242ao.jpg

I was in the midst of adjusting my final boot settings when the power went down... when the machine came back on the BIOS went to an HPA recovery thingy thought all was ok, cpu was not acting like it did on previous boot settings so I decided to swap cpu, in retrospect I should have also swapped motherboard...but anyways, could not boot above 5.1 GHz even after swapping out cpu... eventually I gave up.

I ran smoothly throughout the course of the contest, just not much I could do with a cpu topping out at 5.35 for wprime and 5.83 for pifast...:-/ My mistake was not switching it for another one.

Sorry to hear that guys, under such pressure it must be insanely tense, well done for just being there. Did you get a two of each piece of HW and could you swap at any time?

Last edited:
Nice going Jeremy, now it's time to kick some *** in Taipei :thup:

I had a 6GHz chip but toasted it after a few runs of PiFast :D and never recovered.

Back