• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dampening foam

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xterra

Looking for some dampening foam for an upcoming build, similar to the foam that most motherboards ship with. Needs to be semi resistant to heat, without silently killing me in my sleep! Does anyone have any ideas where i could find some? Thanks in advance!

X~

Im not sure if your going for a specific look or anything but you could also look into getting some mattress egg crate foam and cutting it down, not sure how well it would look or perform but its cheap lol

Got a Craft Store near your house? Bet they would have some cheep type of foam their.

FYI I don't remember what kind I bought but it was some sort of PC-specific sound deadener. I lined almost my entire case with it and I couldn't tell a difference.

From what I understand this stuff only works on systems that are already pretty loud, and I'm guessing even then it isn't much.

i lined my entire case in armaflex tape which i liberated from work-its basically closed cell neoprene and it damps down the noise of twin 470s quite well.
though noise reduction is a very individual thing with different sounds perceived to be louder than others,and of course your own age havin a difference in the perception of noise.
all that aside,armaflex works well :)

Last edited:
Back