• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Breaking in the new 980x 3020A457

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sno.lcn

Senior2 Member
Thanks rdrash :salute:

Core i7 980x 3020A457

First testing on Gigabyte X58A-UD3R.
+
Kingston HyperX PC16000 BDBG chips
HD 5870 on stock cooler since my GPU pot is loaned out
Dragon F1 EE

First testing tonight, I wanted to go a little easy. Mainly catching up on some of my lost boints from not benching for crap in the past year.

Scales with temps: GREAT!
CB: -130*C
CBB: -112*C

And here's what I got on about 15L of LN2 tonight. More to come tomorrow. I set the OS up for some untweaked 3d runs, but ran some Pi as well.

I did faster than this, but since it didn't break 7 seconds, I didn't save it.

superpi1m7052s.jpg

Obviously no tweaks on the 32m, just ran it after one of the 3d benches, before a reboot to change some settings. Tomorrow I'll work on a proper 32m run.

superpi32m6m41747s.jpg

Checking if I could pass '06 CPU test at this speed. No problem.
3dmark0632319.jpg

Vantage can easily be higher on the CPU.
3dmarkvantage24358.jpg

3dmark0542197.jpg

I like this one the best.

aquamark407433.jpg

I'll test on UD7 later next week :D

Last edited:
Nice chip Jeremy, 3D06 at 5.8 is pretty decen IMO, Vantage is a biatch with stressing CPU's
Expect to see a 150 globals at least by the end of the weekend ;)

Nice chip Jeremy, 3D06 at 5.8 is pretty decen IMO, Vantage is a biatch with stressing CPU's
Expect to see a 150 globals at least by the end of the weekend ;)

Hey, I jumped almost 100 places in overall rankings already, it's so good to be benching again. I'm actually putting that w3570 under LN2 right now for wPrime global boints :D

Now I have to find a place to get LN2 on the weekend :rain:

Was the performance justifiable for the price?

Just curious.

This is benching. We don't think in how much performance we're going to get, we think about how many boints we are going to get.

And the answer for boints is certainly yes.

*Update*

The previous cold bug is no longer at -130, due to some BIOS adjustments on my part. Booting at -160C is no problem. Next step is to see how cold it'll go and capitalize on that. But it'll have to be after GO OC 2010 World Finals, since I just shipped all my benching gear to Taiwan :p

I got huge improvements over these scores, but just as benching got really good, my dewar was empty :(

superpi32msno.jpg

spi1msno.jpg

and I am betting that you find some more in that chip as well. looks great so far. good luck for some 6.5 ghz runs.

Back