• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DRM Fails Again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CompuTamer

Member with Some Fancy Text Under His Name
Okay, so, i was cleaning out my SSD getting rid of useless junk. I accidentally deleted my DRM folder. Now nothing DRM related (Protected Files in Media Player, iTunes, Zune, Zune Downloads, etc) will work... i've tried the DRMReset tool, and it didn't work. Reinstalled all of the above apps. Nothing.

How do i rebuild this stupid DRM system? I'd rather not do a completely reinstall over such a stupid issue...

The Error i get in all programs is: A Media usage Rights Error Has Occurred. (Zune Error Code is C00D12F9)

Any ideas? I don't care if i have to redownload all my music. I'll live. I just want the music i download to PLAY. (Or for that matter, if it actually downloaded, that would be progress)

Ouch, this is why I hate DRM, so many things can go wrong with it.

Have you tried re-downloading? I'm pretty sure there's a way it's associated with your computer other than that one folder.

I've tried redownloading the music, and it won't even download due to the DRM problem on my computer.

I'd really rather not have to reinstall...

EDIT: Sigh, i'mma just wipe it. Cya guys in a bit.

Last edited:
Sounds like it's working fine to me. The problem is you using drm'd music to begin with. too funny. 1 step forward 2 steps back.
Try acronis true image home 2010 or 11. It could have easily fixed that.
I just had to recover using r-studio a couple drives. PITA. But way better than trying to download gigabytes of data that took me forever to collect. My c drive I never worry about.
I also just reinstalled 7 and this time to ONE partition TG. You should also use paragon's pat tool for partition alignment. One of the simplest and quickest progs ever.

I have all my music on my TB drive. Of course the music from a music rental service is DRMed... it'd be easy for people to rip MS off if it wasn't. Guy downloads songs, and then sells it to his friends for like 20 cents, and he makes a ton of profit.

With DRM, that's not terribly easy. Sure, i could strip it, but i don't have much of a reason to.

I went ahead and reinstalled, and then redownloaded all the music, and it's working fine now. I'mma keep more restore points around next time.

Back