• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Boot Manager

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

micjmac

I am running Windows 7 64 bit. I just installed a 7 year old Western Digital IDE HDD to back up my important files today. I now have two HDDs total. I adjusted the BIOS to boot from HDD that I just installed today. Here is my issue: when I boot from this HDD, a Windows Boot Manager screen pops up after the "Loading Operating System" screen and asks me to choose from a list of two options. Both of these options say "Windows 7." If I select one of these "Windows 7" options, my PC boots from the HDD that I installed today, and if I select the other "Windows 7" option, my PC boots from my main HDD. Is there a way to eliminate this process? I haven't checked yet, but I hope that this doesn't occur when I change the BIOS boot settings to my main HDD.

If you plug two OS discs in and boot, this is the response the pc SHOULD give you.
Best thing to do is rename one (or both) so that when the bios asks which drive to boot from there will be no confusion. You can also change the time the bios waits until the first selection becomes active but you should always give yourself that choice imo.
EasyBCD 2.0.2 should do the trick. It's free but I have never used it.
http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1

Back