• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help bad VGA. :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadowlid

My video card went out need help choosing replacment.

Well my 9500gt went out on me.

I was having problems with my computer freezing on me all of a sudden.

Then some times well most times if i had to reboot or shut down and reboot.
I would not get any video. I thought it was my hdd. But i can switch to outboard graphics and it boots right up.

I tried downloading the latest nvidia driver and the latest chipset driver for my MOBO. And still nothing.

What would be a better card for pretty cheap til i build my new rig at the end of September. Looking for about double performance or on the same page as a nvidia 9500gt. Preferably ati so i can hybrid cross fire it.

This is one way i can try a ati card out to see how i like it before i get a good card for my new build.

Last edited:
Well you could try the Radeon HD 4870 for about $100 each. I would also consider getting 1, GTX 460 for $200 and just use it in you're new rig also.

Well that was my plan to just get a gtx 460 but i will be letting my sister play games on this computer. She is still using a single core with a gtx 6800 ultra.

But my plan is to get a gtx 460 for my new build. Just can spend the $250 right now.
I just got my new job and dont get paid til the 25th and i will get my check from the school on sept. 22nd and hopefully have all my parts to build my new rig by the end of September.

Back