• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which fans.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well, the slipstreams are bogus on all their numbers, I wouldn't touch the damn things personally. Is that $20/fan or $20 total? Also, are these for case fans or a heatsink?

Yep, the numbers on the Slipstreams are BS, but they aren't bad fans. Look at other fans that turn the same rpm and you will have an idea of their true cfm and dB numbers.

For cheap but good fans, I would recommend the Yate Loon D12SL for case fans and the Yate Loon D12SM for heatsink use. And buy them from the store I linked, Petra's Tech Shop too. Those Yates (especially the low speed ones) are better quality than the ones others sell for some reason.

I'd say go with the yate high speeds if you go yates...but...that's just me...I figure you can always resistor mod and undervolt if you needa.

I'm buying 2 fans for $20. These fans will be an exhaust case fan. I want to pull out a lot of hot air out of my case because were I'm located it's gets hot in the morning to the afternoon. I prefer to buy the fans off newnegg or frys.

in the classified there was a guy selling some nice deltas on the cheap, he should still have some (I've stopped whoring the classifieds, so i don't know :S), it was 1for 9, 2 for 15 and went down from there.

If you are limiting yourself to just frys or newegg, you are missing out on some good places to buy cooling parts from. Both of those staores will gouge you on cooling stuff. I usually buy my cooling gear from Sidewinder Computers, Petra's Tech Shop or Jab-tech because of goodfans being sold and absolutely great customer service.

in the classified there was a guy selling some nice deltas on the cheap, he should still have some (I've stopped whoring the classifieds, so i don't know :S), it was 1for 9, 2 for 15 and went down from there.
He doesn't have access to the classifieds.

Lol I didn't see that the Yate fans were 4 for $20 XD.

Model: D12SH-12
Fan Size: 120mm x 120mm x 25mm
Speed: 2200 +/- 10% RPM
Airflow: 88.0 CFM
Noise: 40 dBA
Bearing: Sleeve
Voltage: 12 V
Current: .3 Amp Max
Fan Life: 30,000 hours
Connector: 3pin and 4pin pass-through connector

The noise and cfm is that at max speed?

Noise seems a little on the low side for that much airflow. They are good (cheap) fans, though. Can't beat the value.

I would say that the noise and cfm ratings for the high speed Yates are pretty accurate. Not real quiet, but aren't really bothersome either unless you are sensitive to noise. But for case ventilation they are a bit of overkill; the Yate mediums will do that just fine and are quieter.

I'm just going to plug 2 fans to my motherboard and use speedfan to control them. I'm looking for a fan with a high cfm and low noise at high rpm. If you seen the NZXT M59 case I'm puting 2 at the top to remove heat from my cpu heatsink, ram, mosfet heat heatsink, and heat in the case.

Also looking at the screen shot on petra the fan wires seem to be short. Any know if they have changed to longer ones?

Unless Yate Loon has changed the wire length very recently, the wire is 15 inches to the 3 pin connector and another 3 1/2 inches to the Molex connectors. I just measured them for you on a Yate High I bought from PTS a year or so ago.

For case fan use, the Yate Loons you linked are hard to beat, Bakercake. They move a decent amount of air and are pretty quiet. The Medium Yates move more air but are also noisier. So it's all down to how quiet you want your computer to be. As for fan orientation, I've heard that sleeve bearing fans such as the Yates aren't supposed to last a long time when mounted in a horizontal position, but I have two LED Yate Lows mounted as top exhausts in my U2-UFO case and they still are quiet and work well. And a lot of psu manufacturers use sleeve bearing fans in their power supplies with no problems too.

Alright thanks. I guess will go with the mediums and have them at a low rpm.

Back