• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone explain how this happened?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cpyfx

I have 2 hd's installed, 1 320gb with vista, 1 160gb with win7(64) and now I installed a new 1tb hd and wanted to do a fresh install of win7 using upgrade media. When I first installed win 7 on the other drive I had to install win xp or vista first and then do the upgrade. This time I booted from the dvd and installed win7 without any verification and I did not have to install all the mb drivers for sound or lan or anything else. All my past fresh installs forced me to install the drivers and then I could get online but this time it was not neccessary. I should probably mention before I decided to install the os I formatted the new drive because I was going to use it for data only but changed my mind. Am I missing something?

That is pretty strange that you got it to install without accually doing an upgrade. Windows 7 even in the betta stages never needed really any drivers on anything I installed it on though, most I did was update the ones that were there.

Back