• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem installing win7 on RAID0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zinsco

So I've got two 200GB vertex2 ssd in a RAID0. No problem setting up the volume and getting the drivers on my flash drive.

I burned the iso onto a DVD, booted it up, created the partition, loaded the driver, and clicked next. Everything went fine until 'expanding files' got to about 90%. It then flashed a blue screen and rebooted, no error or anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Win7 natively supports the ICH10R controller, so there's no need for you to load RAID drivers during Setup. If you want to install the latest Intel Rapid Storage Technology v9.​6.​0.​1014 driverset, which are newer than those included w/ Win7, they're installed automatically when installing the latest RST (iata96enu.exe) from within Windows.

Last edited:
Just following the User Guide that came with the rampage III. It says, "If you want to install a Windows operating system to a hard disk drive included in a RAID set, you have to create a RAID driver disk and load the RAID driver during OS installation." It also says, "To install the RAID driver for Windows Vista or later OS," and then gives the steps to do it.

Even though it says this, are you saying I don't need to and that maybe that's why it's crashing?

Just following the User Guide that came with the rampage III. It says, "If you want to install a Windows operating system to a hard disk drive included in a RAID set, you have to create a RAID driver disk and load the RAID driver during OS installation." It also says, "To install the RAID driver for Windows Vista or later OS," and then gives the steps to do it.

Even though it says this, are you saying I don't need to and that maybe that's why it's crashing?
Yes

OK, this is very crazy. I burnt another install disk from the ISO I have to try again and when I turned on the PC without the disk in yet, the install screen came on and it was already past the expanding files and updates and everything and in a matter of about 2 minutes it restarted and I'm going through the start up settings.

OK, this is very crazy. I burnt another install disk from the ISO I have to try again and when I turned on the PC without the disk in yet, the install screen came on and it was already past the expanding files and updates and everything and in a matter of about 2 minutes it restarted and I'm going through the start up settings.

Could have be a bad burn. I've gotten that before. It was weird, but just like you, I burned another DVD and all was fine. :shrug:

Could have be a bad burn. I've gotten that before. It was weird, but just like you, I burned another DVD and all was fine. :shrug:

But that's just it, I never put the new dvd that I burnt into the drive. Just turned the computer on and it continued and finished. Must have crashed at the same time it finished expanding the files. I saw 90% but could have just went from 90% to finished and crashed in a blink of an eye. Also, it must have saved everything in the ram and then just finished everything once I turned on the computer. Idk, it had like 1 green check mark before it crashed and then when I turned it on it had like 4 green check marks.

But that's just it, I never put the new dvd that I burnt into the drive. Just turned the computer on and it continued and finished. Must have crashed at the same time it finished expanding the files. I saw 90% but could have just went from 90% to finished and crashed in a blink of an eye. Also, it must have saved everything in the ram and then just finished everything once I turned on the computer. Idk, it had like 1 green check mark before it crashed and then when I turned it on it had like 4 green check marks.

Your computer is cursed. Contact your nearest priest. :p

Seriously, though, that's very odd... :confused:

Back