• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 Won't Boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JohnnyK

Registered
Yesterday my computer was working just fine. When I went to turn it on this morning it got stuck at the screen in the picture I have attached. It does that every time I try to turn it on. Pressing any of the keys won't work so I can't boot in safe mode, and I tried putting in the Windows 7 installation CD I have and that won't work either I just can't get past that screen. I may have gotten a virus the only thing I can think would be I tried watching a video from some random website and it asked me to download DivX which I already had installed but I did it again and it installed some program called Nick's Calculator or something, so I uninstalled it. But that may have been a virus. My computer's specs are in my signature if that helps. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• SSPX0237.jpg
    SSPX0237.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
10 bucks says that if you open the computer up, you have a seagate 7200.11 hard drive... and it has failed, if you unplug it, i guarantee you will get past that screen.

I cant tell you how many seagate 7200.11's i have seen fail in the 2.5 months i have worked at my job (fixing comps) its easily 5+ a week.

I have never cleared CMOS before so if you could help that would be wonderful. I found a spot on my motherboard that says CLEAR CMOS (1-2 clear, 2-3 normal [default]) but I have no idea what to do there's no buttons or anything.:confused:

I don't have a Seagate HD, I have a Western Digital. I also have already tried removing the HD.

I have never cleared CMOS before so if you could help that would be wonderful. I found a spot on my motherboard that says CLEAR CMOS (1-2 clear, 2-3 normal [default]) but I have no idea what to do there's no buttons or anything.:confused:

Do you see a jumper near where it says clear cmos? Like this:
4006273R_09.jpg

The jumper is probably on the pins labeled 2 and 3. You need to pull it off and place it on the pins labeled 1 and 2. Wait a few moments and then pull it off again and put it back on 2 and 3. The pins may not be clearly labeled. In the picture I linked the 1 to the left of the jumper indicates that is pin 1.

damn i lost 10 internet bucks...

if you dont have a clear cmos jumper, just pull the power cord (with the comp off), press the power button on the font of the comp to discharge the psu, then pull the mobo battery and wait like 30 secs, put the battery back in and the cmos will be cleared.

Back