• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming Grade "Claw Grip" Mouse -- and SC2 Problem (please help)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dany

Registered
Hello again guys.

This time I'm posting to ask for the perfect claw grip mouse for me. I like the feel of the G500 even though its not claw grip, but am currently looking into buying the MX518 due to all the good reviews. I currently own the G9 and hate it because my pinky rubs against the side of the mouse and it is bothersome.

I used this mouse for the longest time: http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...jKCA&esq=7&page=1&ndsp=28&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:0

even though it was a cheap $5 hp mouse. It honestly felt like the best grip out of any mouse I have ever owned, so if there are any mouses out there like it I would love to see one (I don't know if the SS Xai is like it or not). I also own the old Deathadder (1800 DPI), and it feels great but I feel as though theres something missing about it. Regardless, I love gaming and slight annoyances really throw me off.

Also, thanks for helping pick out my new rig:

i7 930
gigabyte ga-x58a-ud3r
thermaltake 650w psu
6gb ddr3 1600mhz ram,
GTX 460 1GB (gigabyte)

I'm experiencing problems with Starcraft 2. I will randomly crash out of a game and no sort of Starcraft 2 debugger will pop up indicating the type of error. The game will just freeze and I would try to alt+tab but it just crashes after 20 seconds. This only happens during games, with my Cpu Core #1 reaching about 67C and my CPU having an overall temperature of around 46C~51C.

I believe its the video driver but if anyone else had this problem and can help me solve it I would greatly appreciate it (btw i have the newest nvidia driver).

Thanks.

You might check out the Creative Fatal1ty 2020 mouse. It might be discontinued now, not sure, but it's the same basic size and layout as the old Logitech Wingman mouse from 10+ years ago which was a classic claw-grip mouse. I love mine.

Lol thanks, but I cant find that mouse in Canada and it looks weird (no offence), I need one that's similar to that HP mouse and I think that the Xai is.

Any more suggestions? Thanks.

Does anyone have any suggestions for mice? And whats up with Starcraft 2 T.T

If you like the MX518, check out the G7. Same exact mouse, basically. That is what I use and I loved my MX518.

I have a MX518, and although I don't use claw-grip anymore, it is definitely an awesome mouse and worth the price (I got it for $40 I think).

and what do you mean about "what's up with Starcraft 2"? that game kicks ***. ;)

Lol sc2 definitely rapes, but my drivers will randomly crash (gigabyte gtx 460 1gb), and I cant find a fix anywhere.

Supposedly there's been a problem with the recent Realtek drivers and the Nvidia drivers.. try downgrading your Realtek drivers and see what happens from there. I'd love for a new teammate in 2v2!! ;)

I have been using the blue MX510 for years now. I just bought 2 MX518s from Newegg for $17 after rebate a few weeks ago.

Does anyone have any suggestions for mice?
As with many computer topics, it depends on your personal preference. I'm a fan of the MX500/MX510/MX518 series mice personally.

If you like the MX518, check out the G7.
Minus that responsive down-click for the middle mouse button. Sounds picky, but I use that exclusively for a certain key binding for gaming. When it's a dual-tilt vs single down-click, it makes it difficult for my gaming sessions. =(

I have a MX518
Yus! +1. Epic sauce. :thup:

I have been using the blue MX510 for years now.
mmmMmm, yus, nice mice. :p

has anyone taken a look at the new G700 and G510 by logitech?

Back