• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please really need help with this memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sage0030

yes I know I have posted twice yes I know this is not a chat room, but I have posted yesterday and still no straight answer all I want to know if these are safe voltages please...

if my dram is 1.65 and if my qpi/dram voltage is 1.50 is that stressing unicore
what is safe???? anyone have any examples?????

You need to just BUMP your other thread then big guy... ;)

I will respond there so you dont have multiple threads and ideas. Its not just the helpers that get annoyed with that move, it will get confusing for you too. Be patient grasshoppa.

You need to just BUMP your other thread then big guy... ;)

I will respond there so you dont have multiple threads and ideas. Its not just the helpers that get annoyed with that move, it will get confusing for you too. Be patient grasshoppa.

ok so what all of that means is .5 within not apart correct? so 1.65 and 1.60 is alright correcT?

ok im back agian with a new problem lol.

my settings in bios are as follows any ideas would be appreciated guys thx, came back after work failed after 8 hours I did the blend test on prime 95.
I tried upping the qpi/dram to 1.4 to see if that was it. I know it has to be somthing to do with memory I just recently overclocked it so I think. could it be cpu at this voltage? has to be somthing with the mem that im not doing right, really wish somone would help a noob.

[Thu Aug 26 21:43:48 2010]
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
Self-test 1792K passed!
Self-test 1792K passed!
Self-test 1792K passed!
could it be the memory timings im really lost please help. lol

cpu ratio 20.0
200x100=4ghz
cpu voltage 1.35
qpi/dram 1.35
ram freq is 1600
dram 1.64
uclk 3208
qpi link data 72018mt/s
my load temps dont go that high around 62 full load.

is anyone out there?????????????????????????

HELP!!!

Attachments

• DSC00043.bmp
    137.7 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC00044.bmp
    68.5 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
im still having problems with the ram even at the 1603 freq's if I bump up the dram voltage higher then 1.65 will it hurt anything?>

Last edited:
It shouldn't really need more than 1.65V for 1600MHz RAM, I run mine at 1.5V and they are fine. The CPU voltage may need a small bump as there tends to be a drop in voltage to what the BIOS says and what the voltage ends up as in CPU-z.

Try upping that in slow increments to 1.4Vcore to see if that fixes the problem.

It shouldn't really need more than 1.65V for 1600MHz RAM, I run mine at 1.5V and they are fine. The CPU voltage may need a small bump as there tends to be a drop in voltage to what the BIOS says and what the voltage ends up as in CPU-z.

Try upping that in slow increments to 1.4Vcore to see if that fixes the problem.

thx for the reply :rain:. I cant figure out what is making prime95 fail, lastnight it failed like after 6 minutes so I turned off all the settings for memory and just ocing the cpu, I guess it could be timings of the mem making it fail? cpu voltage is going to need higher voltage while ocing the mem?

could you give me example of whatyour settings are in the bios so I have somthing to go on?:cry::cry: im a total newb.

Back