• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Kingston Hyper X Breaks World Record

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Kingston Hyper X Breaks World Record
by Jeremy Vaughan (hokiealumnus)
We received a press release that is definitely worthy of repeating. It seems Kingston Hyper X has gone hyper speed on some liquid nitrogen (LN2) at GamesCom 2010 in Cologne. Overclockers Benjamin Bioux (Benji Tshi) and Jean-Baptiste Gerard (marmott) went a little crazy and used nothing but some pink foam for a "pot" and reached what Kingston says is "the fastest ever recorded frequency for memory".

... Return to the article to continue reading.

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact splat, mdcomp, or hokiealumnus. For the latest updates, follow Overclockers.com on Twitter (@Overclockerscom).

Last edited by a moderator:
But...they didn't run SP32M!

:chair:

I'm evil.
bad.gif

Just yankin' yer crank Brolloks. What really impressed me about that wasn't the frequency, but was their tenacity in using FOAM for a pot!

Yeah I was looking at that foam pot contraption, pretty clever if you ask me, do you know what voltage they charged through those sticks?

According to the XS thread, 1.58V VTT and 1.88V VDIMM. I dont' know which was crying more, the CPU or the RAM! :eek:

Wow! Insane speeds. :thup:

They should be wearing gloves or they can get liquid nitrogen "burns". Temps of −196 °C; −321 °F are nothing to be spilling on skin. Been there done that. No fun at all.

Last edited:
Back