• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please help an old head rookie

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iskatefast

Registered
I got tired of sharing with the kids and decided to build me a new fancy rig....only thing is I have never done this before and could use some help.
So far I have an Antec 900 case, Asus M4A89GTD PRO mobo with a 1055t. Trying to fugure out the best memory now. Been banging my head against the wall with everything thats out there...suggestions??

thanks,

Bill

I got tired of sharing with the kids and decided to build me a new fancy rig....only thing is I have never done this before and could use some help.
So far I have an Antec 900 case, Asus M4A89GTD PRO mobo with a 1055t. Trying to fugure out the best memory now. Been banging my head against the wall with everything thats out there...suggestions??

thanks,

Bill

I don't think you can really go wrong with GSkill, Corsair, OCZ, Mushkin, Crucial, Kingston...even off brands like Geil and Adata aren't terrible. There really isn't a terrible brand of RAM, but there are some really good ones. Corsair seems to get the nod from everyone...though your gonna pay for it, I've built a few systems recently with GSkill, they work well and the price is right. I got a deal on my Geil, they moved there RMA support oversees so I cannot wholeheartedly recommend them. OZC has a good reputation too.

Get ya a set of these...tried and true and reasonably priced. :Dhttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231277

Back