• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to open and replace Cooler Master V8'S Fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VenomSnake

anyone can U help me to teach how to open cooler master V8 and than replace its fan with the new one?

Remove the top screws using an allen wrench (comes with the cooler), and the two phillips head screws at the bottom of the cooler. Once the screws are out, the top comes off along with the fan. The fan is clamped to the top, so you just need to release the clamps to seperate the fan.

Remove the top screws using an allen wrench (comes with the cooler), and the two phillips head screws at the bottom of the cooler. Once the screws are out, the top comes off along with the fan. The fan is clamped to the top, so you just need to release the clamps to seperate the fan.
thanks for this :thup:
Could someone now please tell me what is a good Fan to use to replace the factory v8 fan? Is there maybe a better fan without the manually speed cotroller? I would like for the new fan to be controlled by the motherboard if possible. I am using Asus P6T if that will make a difference.
I would love to have a blue fan if possible :bday: and would love to get some links for the fans (newegg, amazon, frys)
thanks for all your help in advance!!!

Xigmatec makes good fans, and you can't really go wrong with Skythe or Delta.

Are you looking for quiet, cooling, looks, or a balance of the first two or all of the above?

Xigmatec makes good fans, and you can't really go wrong with Skythe or Delta.

Are you looking for quiet, cooling, looks, or a balance of the first two or all of the above?
Thank you for the reply,
actually i am pretty happy with my coolermaster V8 but the 120mm fan in it has stopped working. So i am looking just to replace the fan. Would any standard 120mm fan work or i need to get a specific fan for the V8. The dead fan has a controller to manually control the speed. I would like to get a fan if possible where the motherboard can control the speed.

What fan did you pick for CoolMaster V8 I checked the fan for the V8 $5.00 shipping $ 10.00 witch is nuts. So I like to know what fan you put back in the V8

Hey folks, I had a metallic high-pitched rattle around my Cooler Master V8 that I thought was a fan problem and wasn't. The folks that built my computer at Digital Storm sent me a new fan and helped me out a lot, but the fan wasn't the issue. Turns out that the fins on the heat sinks were tapping against the main unit and making the noise. All I had to do was gently bend the heat sink fins (L and R of the main unit) slightly away from the center, and problem solved! I just wanted to share that with anyone looking for a low-tech solution to a loud noise.

Back