• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a disk imaging / cloning program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ben333

Folding for Team 32!
Don't want to use linux, don't want to use a boot floppy, don't want to use a boot CD.

My DOS box has a 160 MB SCSI hard drive, the other day I pulled a 2 GB SCSI drive from another box. I'd like to use a machine with windows XP to: Put the disk in. Image it to a file. Put new disk in. Burn image to disk.

I have an XP box with a SCSI card and tried manually copying all the files but it wouldn't boot. What is a windows program that can get done what I need done?

By the way, I could have used a boot disk but don't want to bother (plus I can't seem to put both drives on the same card at the same time and can't find jumper settings).

if you have a WD drive dont forget you can get a WDacronis that is just enough to clone and image for free at western Digital downlaods. <-- cheapskate . although i still prefer to use acronis via its CD boot disk because of all the unnessisary stuff added to do it via the OS

norton Ghost will do it too, but the new improvements to ghost arent improvements IMO.

Thanks, forgot this was free for users of WD drives... Might have to put it on my 7 box. I'll feel funny accessing a 160MB hard drive from Windows 7, heh.

Could you provide a link to the free download? Didnt see it mentioned anywhere on thier website.

find out what brand of hard drive you have and visit the manufacturers web site, they will have an imaging program you can download for free and it is usually a brand restricted version of Acronis. I.E. you must have a seagate brand drive installed to use the imaging program off their website, but it will work on any other drive in your computer as long as you have at least one drive that is seagate.

Back