• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Introducing me and my mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

J!NX

Hi all,

Pretty new to these forums at overclockers.net I would like to introduce my computer and hope to recieve some feedback regarding the build. Heres it goes..

Spec:
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.8Ghz| Corsair H50 CPU Cooler (Push/Pull) Dual 120mm Fans| Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz DDR3 Dual Channel @ 1600Mhz (8GB)| Corsair HX850W 850 Watt Modular PSU| Cooler Master CM690 Basic Case| MSi NF750-G55 Motherboard| EVGA Geforce GTX 480 Reference Card OC'd (mV1.138/core790/shade1580/mem2050)| 3 WD Cavier Black 32MBCache 3.0Gbps (750GB+500GB+500GB RAID 0)1.36TB | Lite On 24X DVD Burner SATA III|

Pictures:

3DMark Vantage Benchmark:
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dmv=2468364

Looks like a damn solid clean build to me! GREAT JOB!!!

:welcome: to OCF by the way, hope your stay is a long and fun one. And remember dont be afraid to ask even the "simplest" of questions we are all here to help each other! :)

BTW what kinda voltage you pushing through that 955 to get it to do 3.8 (also whats stock voltage on it)? Im thinking of a 945 for a budget build and wouldnt mind doin a lil ocing on it!

Thank you, i bumped up the voltage to 1.45 from stock voltage 1.34. I also bumped up the voltage on the NBv to 1.68, i have scanned it overnight with OCCT to make sure its stable and havn't recieved one hicup, seems to be my most stable fartest clock speeds. Thinking about going 4.0 but i'd probably need real water cooling for that.

Thank you, I wish I could have hid that one trunk of cable hanging in between the board and the expansion bay, but my case could only handle enough cable management.

Back