• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone know how to find and remove a registry key like this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grishenko45

hey guys,

i've installed a win7 theme on xp - it looks great and everything, but uninstalling might be a problem as i had to install loads!!

http://tinkernut.com/forum/video-tutorial-help/make-xp-look-like-windows-7 - click the "here" to download files

the one i want to know about is in "step 1\ iconized task bar hack" - the resgistry key - how do i find it and return it to normal if i want to - the uninstall doesn't really work and it just gave me no windows when i rebooted!!

anyone know where in reg i can find it and what the original key was?

thanks

The registry file is just a text file. If you read it, it tells you the path the value is located at that it changes - this is what you should set to undo its changes:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics]
"MinWidth"=-

All the registry file does is resize/iconize your taskbar buttons however. It doesn't uninstall or remove other changes possibly made by the exes.

hey guys,

i've installed a win7 theme on xp - it looks great and everything, but uninstalling might be a problem as i had to install loads!!

http://tinkernut.com/forum/video-tutorial-help/make-xp-look-like-windows-7 - click the "here" to download files

the one i want to know about is in "step 1\ iconized task bar hack" - the resgistry key - how do i find it and return it to normal if i want to - the uninstall doesn't really work and it just gave me no windows when i rebooted!!

anyone know where in reg i can find it and what the original key was?

thanks

If its a recent install, you can use the restore function.

cheers guys....I.M.O.G. - thats what i was after - i like it an all - just wanted the place in reg it would be - cheers!!!

Back