• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Water-Cooled System picture thread v2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I tend to agree, by the time it al circulates it must be nearly room temp again. I have played with cold water cooling a lot. My first attempt was a regular cooler full of water , icepaks and a pump which worked quite well. Now I have upgraded to this

View attachment 148010

This is awsome in the winter gets the water down to -20c+ at times. In the warmer months like now I have it all sitting in a deep freezer.

What size fans are you using? 120 or 140?

Did you have dry ice placed on the cooler for that? What was room temp at the time, and why isnt load % showed?

Honestly, that claim, needs to be backed up by a screen shot of Pirme95 running or something to prove 100% load on all cores. I dont even get below 30 on the CPU in idle with a huge loop, and water will never ever cool below ambient temp, which is my case is normally around 25 degrees

Did you have dry ice placed on the cooler for that? What was room temp at the time, and why isnt load % showed?

Honestly, that claim, needs to be backed up by a screen shot of Pirme95 running or something to prove 100% load on all cores. I dont even get below 30 on the CPU in idle with a huge loop, and water will never ever cool below ambient temp, which is my case is normally around 25 degrees

Here's your proof :)

View attachment 153586

I'm running F@H and room temp is 80f

100% CPU load for what? 20secs? I dont know how much F@H pulls, but from what i remember when i did folding on my GPU's, the heat output vs. script mining was about half, so honestly, this doesnt impress me. Folding doesnt push the heat much, and after such a short time of running even less. If you can hold those temps after 4 hours of Prime95 small FFT, thats when witchcraft comes into it, and i shall be impressed.

Last edited:
Pierre, you can't compare the temps of an AMD rig to an Intel rig. From my experience with F@H, it will put close to the same temps as Prime95 FFt. Those temps are good for an Fx-8350 and not unrealistic.

100% CPU load for what? 20secs?

No one that I know of never runs F@H for 20sec, this pc runs 24/7 F@H, click on my sig and see my points output, I have a Kill-a-Watt meter on it and it pulls 270 watts or more when folding.
I stoped F@H and ran Prime95 64bit with small FTT for 37 min, I will rerun it with In place large FFTs as well for 30 min, I need to get it back to folding.

37 min small FFT's
smallfft.JPG

30 min In-place-large FFTs
large.JPG

Last edited:
At the end of the day, its not a big deal that you have to prove anything for me, but i find those temps extremely low, for 24/7 pushed cpu at 100%. What nags me about the proof picture, is the 100% load time.

View attachment 153642

Every vertical line in the box is 5 seconds. Meaning when this picture was taken you had run 100% load for all of 15 seconds at the max. No water loop will reach its heating point to where the fan speed will need to be raised, inside 15 seconds of max use. This is why i am ever so skeptical towards your claims.

At the end of the day, its not a big deal that you have to prove anything for me, but i find those temps extremely low, for 24/7 pushed cpu at 100%. What nags me about the proof picture, is the 100% load time.

View attachment 153642

Every vertical line in the box is 5 seconds. Meaning when this picture was taken you had run 100% load for all of 15 seconds at the max. No water loop will reach its heating point to where the fan speed will need to be raised, inside 15 seconds of max use. This is why i am ever so skeptical towards your claims.

That's just the delay for the Task manager for when I started it, has nothing to do with how long the PC has been running at 100%. The PC has been running F@H for well over 2 weeks now.

I finally have all of my parts and pieces together in my HAF 912. Almost everything is built inside the case except for two fans on top. Other than that...I'll post put some pictures and maybe talk about some of them too.

The first pic has the Swiftech H220X, (2) EK GTX 770 Waterblocks, (1) EK GTX Backplate, (1) Alphacool UT60 360 Radiator, (1) Primochill HEX-fan guard (which I still need to attach), (1) EK FC Terminal Dual Serial 3-Slot Bridge, (1) EVGA 1000 G1 PSU, (1) Team Xtreme 2666 CL 11 Ram, (4) 3/8" Barbs, (1) 10' Primochill Elegant White 3/8" ID by 5/8" OD Tubing and finally (1) Silver Kill Coil.
Components Bought.jpg

Second picture was to show that the Swiftech H220X could fit on the inside top of the case. I was skeptical but believed it would work. I also believe that's the only radiator that will fit on top in the HAF912. :p
H220X Fits On Top.jpg

Third picture was during the install process. I probable changed my mind 15 billion zillion times on the tubing route. Lol. However, I think I found the optimal tubing route for my own case.
Figuring Out Loop Order.jpg

Fourth picture was during the leak testing. BTW...there were no leaks to be found!!!
Leak Test.jpg

Finally, the fifth and final picture is the system up and running (after the leak test of course). The loop order goes H220X > UT60 360 RAD > GPUs > CPU > H220X
Finished.jpg

White on white. Classy stuff. Nice clean build. Something that may make it look even nicer is if you threw a 90 degree rotary fitting in on your pump to allow a straight tubing run from your pump to bottom rad.

Thanks, but it's not the final version. Next week my gtx 970 will arrive and I will do the changes you advised. I will hide the pump's blue cable and the fan's white cable on the top.

Tark it looks like you have 6 exhaust fans, how many intake fans do you have.

Nice clean look too.

Very nice build Tark. I will say though if the bottom is filtered to make it as intake. Not sure if there is enough intake to go around. The way it sounds is you have negative pressure. Dust will accumulate overtime if not at a quicker rate and ruin the white look. You don't want unfiltered areas as intake and filtered areas as exhaust. Should be the opposite if this is the case and if not, well move along. lol

Very nice build Tark. I will say though if the bottom is filtered to make it as intake. Not sure if there is enough intake to go around. The way it sounds is you have negative pressure. Dust will accumulate overtime if not at a quicker rate and ruin the white look. You don't want unfiltered areas as intake and filtered areas as exhaust. Should be the opposite if this is the case and if not, well move along. lol

Unfortunately the bottom is not filtered, but I was thinking to remove the bottom rad, I don't think I will need that after the 970 is in the PC. I had FX8350 and 2x7970 in CF and that's why I have two rads installed.
My other thinking is to make the 14cm fan in the back as an intake. Do you think that would be better?

Generally you want the front and bottom as intake and top and read as exhaust with more intake than exhaust. This gives the case a positive pressure and helps keep dust out. All you would need to do in your set-up is flip your bottom fans. They won't look as cool, but would theoretically perform better.

Back