• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Water-Cooled System picture thread v2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Generally you want the front and bottom as intake and top and read as exhaust with more intake than exhaust. This gives the case a positive pressure and helps keep dust out. All you would need to do in your set-up is flip your bottom fans. They won't look as cool, but would theoretically perform better.

I see, I can live with that :)

Also, just keep the rads in there. More heat surface the lower your RPMs can be set. ;) Completely silent build.

Some changes I made to my WC Rig...
View attachment 154838

1) New PC Case. I ordered the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe. Nicely made case. Semi-modular. Enough room to water-cool anything and everything.
2) Clear Primochill 3/8" x 5/8" tubing and Mayhems Pastel Blue Berry Concentrate. It was amazing how fast the loop cleared itself of air bubbles. I guess what they advertise is true. Lol.
3) Bitspower Water Tank 80mm. Traps any air bubbles before it goes back to the pump on the H220-X.
4) Last but certainly not least...Alphacool UT60 140mm Radiator on the bottom of the case. It has dropped my overall load temperatures by 5 degrees Celsius!!!

Hi Guys....super watercooling noob here. Finally plucked up the courage to do a simple loop. Still crapping my pants with the thought of leaks... I am using the EK dcp 2.2 pump and a Alphacool light tower res both hidden in the back compartment of the case. The radiator is the most basic alphacool Nexxos ST30 with a couple of SP120's pushing out of the case. Amazed at the temps I am getting on my 4790K and now look forward to overclocking. Hope to learn a lot from this forum as I would like to go the whole hog and would love the hard tubing type system... seen some amazing builds here and elsewhere. Will start with changing the coolant colour next to white and go from there.

View attachment 154864

View attachment 154864

Asus Maximus Hero VII - i7-4790K - 16GB Hyper X fury White 4 x 4 1866 - 2 x Samsung EVO 250GB SSD - 1 x 256GB M4 Crucial SSD - 2 x 1TB Hard Drives - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming - Corsair Air 540

Last edited:
Hi GTX, yes did a 24 hour leak test... should I have done anything else?

You double check your fittings before leak testing and let it leak test for 24hrs for a first timer. That should be good enough. Just keep an eye on it every now and than when its in and off.

It's not so hard, I watched some videos on youtube. You need to measure correctly and job done :) Of course you need tools. I bought a bending kit (Monsoon) and a heatgun.

Back