• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Water-Cooled System picture thread v2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's not so hard, I watched some videos on youtube. You need to measure correctly and job done :) Of course you need tools. I bought a bending kit (Monsoon) and a heatgun.

I bought the ek kit with silicone pieces, a heatgun from ebay, and made my own jig for bending, at the end of the day, the hardest part is hitting your measurements.

I agree, the hardest part is the measurement. I also bought a measuring kit from Monsoon, the job was easier with it.

this machine has some changes in the loop and all hose connections are quick connected and the hose assemblies , the reservoir/pump section, CPU block , GPU blocks, and the radiators were all were pre-filled with Primochill before assembly making for a 10 minute run to clear the air out.

IMG_9800-1.jpg

IMG_9801.jpg

IMG_9809.jpg

IMG_9811.jpg

IMG_9810.jpg

IMG_9813.jpg

IMG_9805.jpg

IMG_9822.jpg

IMG_9814.jpg

IMG_9840.jpg

My system is getting old and I will be upgrading soon using the same case. This thread has given me many good ideas over the years so I feel obliged to contribute. Here is the way it has been for a few years now. GTX 580s and a 8120 @ 5.1
I just picked up two GTX 970s and have been using them for a few weeks. I'm starting to realize how much cooler the 970s are compared to the 580s fermi-on-fire.gif. The cooling system I designed for the 580s is way more than is needed for two 970s I will probably update to "big Maxwell" when it comes, so the larger cooling system wont be wasted.

View attachment 159243View attachment 159244View attachment 159245View attachment 159246View attachment 159247View attachment 159248

Hey OCF,

I just completed my first water-cooled build and is was definitely a bit daunting at first, trying to get together all the parts necessary and figuring out exactly what I needed to do. Reading the the tips, guides and opinions here made all the difference and was probably the reason I succeeded on my first shot.

So anyways I just wanted to give a big thanks to everyone here for all the good info.

And of course to show off my new rig!

So check out the pics below! Also there are more in an album on my profile if your interested.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:p Yeah it could be more economical. The issue was that I was getting a kink going from the CPU to GPU which is why there is a connection from the CPU to the bottom of the GPU.

:p Yeah it could be more economical. The issue was that I was getting a kink going from the CPU to GPU which is why there is a connection from the CPU to the bottom of the GPU.

Ah, that's what rotary angle fittings are for :p

For your loop I'd go:
Top GPU (90° rotary on the QDC) -> left CPU
Right CPU -> Pump
Pump -> Rad
Rad -> bottom GPU (this could run behind the pump)

My system is getting old and I will be upgrading soon using the same case. This thread has given me many good ideas over the years so I feel obliged to contribute. Here is the way it has been for a few years now. GTX 580s and a 8120 @ 5.1
I just picked up two GTX 970s and have been using them for a few weeks. I'm starting to realize how much cooler the 970s are compared to the 580s fermi-on-fire.gif. The cooling system I designed for the 580s is way more than is needed for two 970s I will probably update to "big Maxwell" when it comes, so the larger cooling system wont be wasted.

View attachment 159245

Are those the Monsoon Hardlock chainguns you're using? I Purchased a couple of fittings and some tubing to play with on a couple of straight runs I will have in my loop, Just waiting for the paychecks to come in and see what's left over to acquire parts ; ; Just not sure how much give you have with those. From the video they put out it looks like you don't have much tolerance to be off when bending your tubes, did you find it at all difficult? Was that UV cure formula easy to work with? Looks good and nice flowing bends, they don't look off-canter, might just be really good pics to hide it though :) j/p

Are those the Monsoon Hardlock chainguns you're using? I Purchased a couple of fittings and some tubing to play with on a couple of straight runs I will have in my loop, Just waiting for the paychecks to come in and see what's left over to acquire parts ; ; Just not sure how much give you have with those. From the video they put out it looks like you don't have much tolerance to be off when bending your tubes, did you find it at all difficult? Was that UV cure formula easy to work with? Looks good and nice flowing bends, they don't look off-canter, might just be really good pics to hide it though :) j/p

View attachment 160072
You are correct these are the monsoon set. I have used just about every type of fitting there is and I really like these. Bending the tube to fit these fittings is a bit tricky you must be precise, slightly more than any other fitting but it doesn't have to be perfect the fitting is unbreakable so you can stretch bends 3/16 inch if needed. I built a tube bending jig oit of wood that allows me to make precise compound bends accurately every time. The glue is great it only drys under UV or direct sun and is the least messy adhesive I have ever used. I will be using these fittings for all my builds there is no way they can leak. I move my pc for Lan party's so it's great to not have to worry about leaks after a 4 hour bumpy drive in the car. I have had barb fittings come lose and leak at Lan partys it no fun working on your system when your there to play.

Last edited:
Sunshine Build

Well guys. After one year of research and develepment (AKA surfing on the web) I present you the latest and cleanest version of my rig :

1424733026-sam-0184.jpg

1424734260-sam-0194.jpg

1424734278-sam-0195.jpg

1424734275-sam-0196.jpg

1424734257-sam-0197.jpg

1424734281-sam-0198.jpg

And there is an RGB led high density strip. It looks awesome with any of the colours ! I really like it !

Back