• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Water-Cooled System picture thread v2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Figured it was time to add to this thread other than just comments, the bug for acrylic tubing is a nasty one, but (I think) well worth it in the long run.

Allacrylic.jpg

From those comments, my guess is you don't buy full cover GPU WBs. :p

You know thats not true, but i did go threw like 5 or 6 motherboards in 2 years, while i had same GPU's for that run, never mind they were 7970's with universal blocks on (cos there wernt full cover for them) but yeah, i like fullcover more for GPU, because they cool more than just the GPU. For motherboards, its comming to see MOSFET coolers, which means you can avoid having to buy a new CPU block every 4 months.

Ok Folks, Hello! and here's my new Water Rig - Corsair 750D with a Phobya 400 LT kit. The Radiator is 445 x 200 x 48mm. It barely fit.... Those are two 180 mm fans in the top.
I had to cut out the top of the drive bay to fit it but it works!! I know.... not the prettiest, but it gets the job done! :cheers:

View attachment 168313

The Green stuff is 5% Hyper Lube added to distilled water for anti corrosion/surface tension btw.

View attachment 168314View attachment 168315

Last edited:
Jdeed, you are welcome to take any of our PM conversation public so others can reply. I know they will echo my comments.

Well the main thing I gathered from researching was the fact some folks just let their rig stay too long without monitoring and changing the fluid.....So yeah after looking at MANY peoples screw ups and corroded parts I am slightly paranoid when it comes to corrosion.....esp of NICKEL.....Anyhow this is why you see the Hyper Lube in there. No Glycol, No Ether, No OIL, and No coloring DYES. The PH of the Distilled water at 5-6 PH bugged me as well and I was going to use PH increaser from my Aquarium supplies....Hell it even says...Complete protection from rust, corrosion and electrolysis I was SOLD!!

Like I PM'd about the ingredients..

Sodium hydroxide - adjusts PH
Sodium nitrite - corrosion inhibitor for mild steel, cast iron, galvanized steel, aluminum, and tin.
Sodium tetraborate - PH Buffer / corrosion inhibitor brass, copper, lead and zinc
Sodium molybdate - corossion inhibitor of low carbon steel, copper and brass
Sodium mercaptobenzothiazole - copper / copper alloy corrosion inhibitor
Octylphenoxypolyethoxyethanol - surfactant to lower the surface tension

Its simply there to ease my mind about what I have seen happen to others who for one reason or another had problems...Some of which I said OMG!! wth! You know which ones I am talking about if you have looked up Corrosion and Water loops.

I planned on changing the water every 3-6 months So I was glad to see you say 6 months in PM. I could not leave it in there for any longer than that if I tried anyhow!! :D

P.S. I will take pictures after I do a cleaning in 3-6 months and see if there is anything of note to talk about regarding the use of the Hyper lube for sure.

Last edited:
My first attempt at a water cooled PC, also my first custom built PC. Will be adding GPU block around Christmas.

20150905_094600_zpsz3f7dmuu.jpg
20150905_094517_zpsvzylh9vy.jpg

Hey guys! Updated the rig with a full EK block for my 290 and new lighting, so I captured some new pictures. I worked really hard to make the color scheme pop. Next steps would be to add more sleaving to the other power cables and make the tubing have some cleaner bends. I think it's camera ready now though!

cVoc5ye.jpg
Ux6XgKM.jpg
zv9g3Cx.jpg
jUD5cYS.jpg
AIXyFyr.jpg

My PATRIOTS GAMING RIG

[SNIP]

MSI Z97 XPOWER
Intel core i7 4790k @4.8ghz
3x ASUS GTX TITAN X SLI
32gb Kingston hyper x fury ddr3 2400
960GB ocz revodrive 350, 1 1tb Samsung 850ssd
1 Corsair AX1200I, 1 Corsair AX 860I

I also mada a thread about my build, feel free to check it out, commend and criticize
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...-My-Patriots-gaming-rig?p=7865626#post7865626

So I'm going to get this off my chest: BOOOO PATRIOTS SUCK! :D But I LOVE your case design and layout. VERY impressive. Simple, elegant, and just WOW. :cheers:

/Giants fan for life

Back