• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Water-Cooled System picture thread v2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Working on a new project with old hardware. I have an epic build planned for Skylake-E, but wanted some practice bending copper ahead of time. Progress so far.

diFtxnr.jpg

Looks beautiful! You could spray a urethane on the copper to prevent oxidization too.

Are you using special compression fittings for this? Or the standard one you can get from say, Preformance PCs for hard tubing?
I tried compression fittings with polyethylene tubing but it leaked horribly... I switched back to barbs :-/

Thank you. I'm going to nickel or chrome the copper. Need to change the fittings for the GPU so I can run tubes to them as well. I bought the fittings from a Chinese wholesaler. We'll see if they hold up!

Just finished my first custom loop build. Inside an NZXT S340, with the following:

BlackIce GTS Stealth 280
Swiftech style D5
Swiftech XT rev. 2 block
Phobya tube res.

Most of the parts are second hand.

Attachments

• 1464631660538.jpg
    1464631660538.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 2,470
  • 1464631671474.jpg
    1464631671474.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,402
Working on a new project with old hardware. I have an epic build planned for Skylake-E, but wanted some practice bending copper ahead of time. Progress so far.

diFtxnr.jpg

WoW that looks impressive MedRed, nice work can't wait to see it finish. I myself picked up today a Core X9 to move my system from Enthoo Pro M into it with soft tubing. Some day I will be brave to do what you are doing since i think those tubing look sick!.

Good Job!

- - - Updated - - -

Just finished my first custom loop build. Inside an NZXT S340, with the following:

BlackIce GTS Stealth 280
Swiftech style D5
Swiftech XT rev. 2 block
Phobya tube res.

Most of the parts are second hand.

Nice, it reminds me of my old setup Tubes of Hell. XD

Update to the NZXT S340 build I did a while ago. Had to buy a new pump, and a GFX card RMA got me a 780 instead of the 670 I had before. Great but the card was an inch longer, and didn't fit with my D5 pump. Got an MCP50X pump, switched to 3/8 inch ID tubing, and got advanced lrt tubing in clear as well. The tubing was MUCH easier to work with!

Link to original post: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7933765

Overall, a much nicer tubing layout (at least I think so...), and everything fits better!

Attachments

• 1483291242690.jpg
    1483291242690.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,067
Here what mine looks like right now. going to changing it up here soon. Going to hard tube and adding a 360 rad and also GPU block.

View attachment 186544

If you aren't ready to dive into hard tubing, compression fitting could snazz that up a bit. I know I'll never be ready for har tubing... Too much like work, and I hate things that aren't quite perfect... Like the tube going from my res to my pump... I was not happy with the tube until I was on my third try :p

oh i'm ready for the hard tubing. cant wait till i get it and get it in. also going to cut out the 5 1/4 bays to give it more room.

might also add the VRM and north bridge to the loop.

I'd leave the VRM/NB out. The added restriction wouldn't be worth the additional noise, in my opinion.

You can run the 360 on the top and the 240 on the bottom, eliminating the need to cut the drive bay out. With the fans mounted on the top of the 240, I'm pretty sure you could mount the drive cage on one of them and not have any clearance issues, but you'd have to measure.

Back