• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Water-Cooled System picture thread v2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
just finished up my first pc build and thought I would post up some pictures.

phanteks evolve tg
64g dominator ram
evga x99 classified
evga 1080 hydrocopper w/ek nickel backplate
cablemods wires
xspc photon pump/res
monsoon fittings/petg hardline
Samsung 960evo
xspc 360rad
xspc raystorm pro cpu block

I loved everything about this case except one thing...which drove me nuts. the rad is mounted low so the fans hang down and cover the ram and cpu. in stock form there is no way to do anything about. I ended up modding the case to move the rad up and mount the fans above in a pull config. really opens things up nicely. ram heat sinks and cpu block were sanded down and polished as well as a alum plate behind the res. also had the back side glass on the case tinted with 5% so it just looks black and you cant see the wires.

View attachment 187125View attachment 187126

Hey guys,

I have built a few loops now with soft tubing but this is my first attempt at PETG rigid tubing after purchasing my latest case. I largely moved most of the hardware from my previous case - Phanteks - and just bought new 480mm radiators and a second bigger res.

Let me know what you think!

PS - I didn't include all the progress pictures because I didn't want to bore you. I could do another build thread for that I suppose.

The lighting in here is multi colour LED strips so I can change by remote, that is why in the one picture it is very bright purple, and in most the one I prefer like a light blue lol.

Some of the first pictures are without the top/etc on, in the last one it's completed, the wire hanging out is because I was testing the front audio I/O.

I do have a nice sound card to add in also but haven't done that yet.

View attachment 187200View attachment 187201View attachment 187202View attachment 187203View attachment 187204
Thanks

Lee

Last edited:
:welcome: to OCFs!

Very nice build you got there DWTech. :salute: Job well done.

Thanks for the welcome and compliments. I expected to find the hard line really tricky, the first couple of bends I just bought some extra tube for to practice, did some crazy angles, messed 2 up, 1 of them I bent too soon and it sort of had this horrid stretch mark in it, and the 2nd one actually bent fine but when I went to put it on I accidentally pressed the compression collar too far down the pipe on the angle and it put scratches on it so I re-did that one. Trouble now is the Mrs wants a pink one. :(

Last edited:
Just added my specs to my signature, just figured how to do that. Look forward to using the forum more.

Redid my loop and added a drain. Every time I washed out my loop, replaced my tubing, I kept forgetting to add a drain line. Then when I had to do my regular maintenance it was a pain in the arse to drain. This time I didn't forget. The way I added it, I made sure it was out of the way, but still have easy access ;)

Attachments

• DSC00031.JPG
    DSC00031.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 892
  • DSC00030.JPG
    DSC00030.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 891
Redid my loop and added a drain. Every time I washed out my loop, replaced my tubing, I kept forgetting to add a drain line. Then when I had to do my regular maintenance it was a pain in the arse to drain. This time I didn't forget. The way I added it, I made sure it was out of the way, but still have easy access ;)

Nice man!

Loving the case. I used to have my build in this case. Gotta rebuild my Mrs one into it now.

This is my old one:

View attachment 187396

Nice Neb. Why not add that lonely GPU in the mix? It's screaming to be liquid cooled.

Spec

:welcome: to the forums Jack. What are the specs on that beast?

Thanks for the warm welcome guys my rig currently has

Corsair 600c atx case
AMD FX-4300 Overclocked to 4.80Ghz
Gigabyte GA-990X-GAMING SLI MOBO
Corsair VS Series 650
NVIDIA GTX 1050 TI
120Gb SSD
Alphacool nexxuus answer 240 watercooling kit

Unfortunately I have some real bargain bucket ram at the moment until next month!!

Back