Fronting as a Mod Member
    Benching Profile Heatware Profile

Self contained water cooling for GPU - Possible?

I was just going over the review of the CoolIt Vantage and got to thinking if it would be possible to mod that unit, or any of the other self contained water cooling solutions (H50, H70, CoolIt ECO) to make it fit a GPU block and thus create a self contained GPU cooling unit.

Would this even be doable? Would a 1x120 rad be enough to cool say a 5870? or a GTX480?
    Or would the amount of modding involved make it easier to just set up a separate loop for the GPU and be done with it?

If possible, this would make for a very attractive option for those with limited space inside their cases.

Opinions?

Cheers
    Sebastian
    Daily Driver: GA-890FXA-UD5 - Ph II X6 1090T - 16GB DDR3 1333MHz - MSI R9 280X Gaming Edition/HD 5670/HD6570 - Venomous X Black + G1238B12BBZP-00 - TX850V2 - CM 690 II Advanced
    Join the "Benching Team" - We have secret sauce! - OptyTrooper: GPUs are for burning not playing games anyway
    Kona on League of Legends: This game sits about as well with me as a gallon of prune juice does, and the results are just as nasty.
    I done got Pinked...

Be sure to pre-tin everything (even soldered stuff!) with leaded solder. None of the RoHS junk. You want good old fashioned toxic heavy metals. ~ Bobnova

10 Year Badge
    Heatware Profile

Vacationing to find my sanity Mutterator
    Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    No way would a single 120mm rad cool a 5870 or especially a 480 well...

I thought someone here had that ALC for review but havent seen the review pop up..........

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon

The H50 just barely cools stock I7s. Just so you know.

Fronting as a Mod Member
    Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    That ALC looks mighty nice. And from some pictures they show on the site I see that it doesn't have to be a 1x120 solution. You could simply order it with a 2x120 or 3x120 from them.
    It's something definitely worth looking into for those that want liquid cooling, but don't want to set up/maintain their own loops.

cheers
    Sebas
    Daily Driver: GA-890FXA-UD5 - Ph II X6 1090T - 16GB DDR3 1333MHz - MSI R9 280X Gaming Edition/HD 5670/HD6570 - Venomous X Black + G1238B12BBZP-00 - TX850V2 - CM 690 II Advanced
    Join the "Benching Team" - We have secret sauce! - OptyTrooper: GPUs are for burning not playing games anyway
    Kona on League of Legends: This game sits about as well with me as a gallon of prune juice does, and the results are just as nasty.
    I done got Pinked...

Be sure to pre-tin everything (even soldered stuff!) with leaded solder. None of the RoHS junk. You want good old fashioned toxic heavy metals. ~ Bobnova

Wants Old Title Back
    Didn't Get It
    Author Profile
    It's not hard to biuld a loop to start with. all you need is

New MCR drive rad
    Waterblock
    Hose
    Fittings
    Clamps.

Now, you might be talking about a cheap watercooling inefficient setup that is self contained. I see that in the ALC.
    I want my old title back.
    Old beast is torn down.
    Will update later.

900 watt (1500VA) UPS
    27" ASUS VG 3D/Nvidia V2 3D glasses and 24" Acer H243H