• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Self contained water cooling for GPU - Possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seebs

Fronting as a Mod Member
I was just going over the review of the CoolIt Vantage and got to thinking if it would be possible to mod that unit, or any of the other self contained water cooling solutions (H50, H70, CoolIt ECO) to make it fit a GPU block and thus create a self contained GPU cooling unit.

Would this even be doable? Would a 1x120 rad be enough to cool say a 5870? or a GTX480?
Or would the amount of modding involved make it easier to just set up a separate loop for the GPU and be done with it?

If possible, this would make for a very attractive option for those with limited space inside their cases.

Opinions?

Cheers
Sebastian

No way would a single 120mm rad cool a 5870 or especially a 480 well...

I thought someone here had that ALC for review but havent seen the review pop up..........

That ALC looks mighty nice. And from some pictures they show on the site I see that it doesn't have to be a 1x120 solution. You could simply order it with a 2x120 or 3x120 from them.
It's something definitely worth looking into for those that want liquid cooling, but don't want to set up/maintain their own loops.

cheers
Sebas

It's not hard to biuld a loop to start with. all you need is

New MCR drive rad
Waterblock
Hose
Fittings
Clamps.

Now, you might be talking about a cheap watercooling inefficient setup that is self contained. I see that in the ALC.

Back