Thread: A new case

A new case

Hi !

I'm building a new computer based on the Athlon XP 1700+.
    What would be the best case to use: Full Tower or just a Midi ATX for AMD ?

Thanks.

Zeev

That depends on a lot of things. Think along the future. Do you plan to ever watercool, or put a few 80 mm or 120 mm fans in? just kinda of a personal preference. I bought a mid-tower, when I should have bought a full tower, because I decided to watercool after I bought it. Haven't bother to buy a new case yet either. The radiator just sits outside.

Forums Super Moderator
    Overclockers.com Lead Editor

Hiding from Americans and making pretty colours in a drybox in St Andrews
    If you have the space and the cash, go full tower. This means that you will generally have better airflow ie more space = longer to heat up and, as Jester said, it allows for more cooling apparatus. PSU however is more important than the case. WIth an XP1700+ look for a 350W to 450W PSU.
    David J. Nelson MChem(Edin) PhD(Strath) MRSC [ResearcherID: D-3927-2011]
    OC Forums Super Moderator // Overclockers.com Editor

The Workhorse: [Lenovo W510] Intel Core i7-720QM / 8 GB DDR3 / nVidia Quadro FX880M / Crucial M4 256 GB SSD / Windows 7
    The HTPC/Server: AMD Phenom X4 9650 / 6 GB DDR2 / nVidia 8300 / 5 TB of HDDs / Antec Solo II Case / Windows 7
    The Gaming Rig: AMD Llano A6-3650 / 4 GB DDR3 / nVidia GTX260 / 2x 500 GB HDD in RAID0 / Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case / Windows 7
    The Benchmarking Setup: Various LGA775 chips / Asus Rampage Formula / 2 GB OCZ 1066 MHz DDR2 / nVidia Quadro NVS 285 / 320 GB HDD / Windows 7

My research fellowship is eating all my time, so I may be slow to reply to emails and private messages.

Cyber Cheesiest Senior cyber mouse45's Avatar
    Iím just got an Antec SX1040 and I really like it. BTW this is the third case Iíve bought for my pc in two years.
    Rank by: Shadow “”

My Heatware

I also have an Antec1040b..its sweet...

i went with koolmaster... watercooled and not full tower... i have a problem with space so this choice worked great for me

Shadow “”'s after me!!! Tismedt's Avatar
    I bought this case http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...ion=11-125-106

Great price with 400 psu. Same case as antec 1040. Although I bought the 300 psu model dumped stock psu and put in a sparkle 400. I dont know much about the enhance psu that comes with it but it is AMD recommended. Check it out Its a nice case.