• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 pro install missing driver?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

I DL'd an ISO for win 7 pro 64bit (got a student version for 30 bucks) and when I install it comes to a driver screen and says I'm missing the driver. I went online to intel and downoad the I695 chipset drivers and ich8m drivers and it says it's compatable, and I select it...it tries to load but says it doesn't work.
I used a friends 7 ultimate disk and it breezed right through the install

Anyone have this issue? Anyway I can pull the driver source files from the ultimate iso and replace them in the win 7 pro driver section? I don't know where the driver files are on the iso....

I'd try copying the files over again to the HDD. I have it loaded on my laptop which uses the 965/ich8 combo and I've done it via USB multiple times. I didn't use Mario1's method to prep the drive, I did it using diskpart on Windows Vista x86 (steps which I listed on his thread as an alternative to using secondary programs)

I just tried with an external USB DVD drive (my DVD drive is shot) and same problem. I'm gonna try and redownload the image...at 15kb/s :/

Did you run an md5 hash check on that ISO and compare it to the published hash? It could be corrupted just enough to cause this issue.

Before you install, use double driver while the sata 'works' and copy just those drivers to a separate usb/cd/floppy and when it asks load those. It should install fine then. I had the same problem with win 7 pro. Finally figured out how to usb just my optical sata drivers so that it would install. It has nothing to do with the chipset it's the drivers for the sata.
http://www.boozet.org/dd.htm
free and portable under windows
btw-usb and sata is an oxymoron

I have a pioneer sata dvd drive and I have (had) the same problem.

I had a similar issue with student discount download, it was a corrupt copy, sorry about having to get it at 15kb/s that's no fun at all. You could try installing win7 with your friends disk and then use your key, I do believe this would automatically bump you down to win 7 pro and still be legit by Microsoft. You can call them up to ask beforehand.

Back