• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG "MAX11L"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Plenty of cool air :thup:
MAX11L69.jpg

And why would I want to hide the Delta power :shrug: :D

I wasn't sure if the side panel had vents...but you're good.

The sticker will just be a white circle when the fan is on. If anyone can read a Delta hub sticker while the fan is running, then they are on amphetamines the likes of crack and meth have never seen...

This PSU is plenty, it is the best standard size SFX PSU on the market :thup:

MIAHALLEN said:
Doing a little testing right now, and as expected I cannot stress test the CPU and GPU at the same time and stay within a safe power envelope. But I can run the GPU full boar with FurMark and it's only drawing about 505W at the wall, which is easily in the safe range. I also played Crysis Warhead for a few minutes and never saw it draw more than about 380W at the wall....so I should be perfectly fine with this setup :thup:

LOL @ Matt :D

Last edited:
Did you apply somewthing between the back of the PCB of the gFX card and where it pops through the case? Looks like towards the bottom there is a short waiting to happen!

Other than that it looks pretty awesome! Crazy shoving a 480 in there LOL !!!

No...didn't use any spacer/insulation there....if you saw it in person it doesn't look as risky ;) But I probably will shove something in there just in case :)

Very nice build and a very interesting challenge.

Why do you have the filter on the exhaust?

No, I turned the fan around...it's now the intake :)

Not sure why Delta put a sticker on the front of the fan :screwy:

MIAHALLEN, beautiful build. I look at this thread everytime I log on. Mine will be here soon. Copying you with the H70 and no optical drive, but I want to try the IGP first. If that doesn't perform well enough, I may slap in a 460.

No, I turned the fan around...it's now the intake :)

Not sure why Delta put a sticker on the front of the fan :screwy:

Hey MIA is it possible to fit a Corsair h50/h70 in this case while not loosing the optical drive? Also, is the graphics card you are using longer than the GTX 460/470?

Hey MIA is it possible to fit a Corsair h50/h70 in this case while not loosing the optical drive? Also, is the graphics card you are using longer than the GTX 460/470?

He's using a GTX480 which is 10.5"
GTX470 is 9.5"
GTX460 is 8.25"

Maybe if the rad is rotated 90 degrees you could regain the optical drive...

He's using a GTX480 which is 10.5"
GTX470 is 9.5"
GTX460 is 8.25"

Maybe if the rad is rotated 90 degrees you could regain the optical drive...

Thank you sir! I was thinking of rotating the rad too, that may be the key !

Yes, you could retain the optical drive by rotating the rad....but if you mounted it with the same mounting holes, you'd lose the space needed for the GPU. If you moved the rad off center towards the power button....I think everything would fit OK, but it'd take a little work.

I fit the 5850 in without mods....but it was tight with the power connectors on the end. If you get a card in the 9.5" range, I'd suggest looking for one with power connections positioned on the top instead :thup:

So when are you going to get gigabyte japan to send you a special 5890 that will fit? ;)

Very nice build, I might look into getting something somewhat like that one day, probably swap out all of that GPU power for some storage though.

Yes, you could retain the optical drive by rotating the rad....but if you mounted it with the same mounting holes, you'd lose the space needed for the GPU. If you moved the rad off center towards the power button....I think everything would fit OK, but it'd take a little work.

I fit the 5850 in without mods....but it was tight with the power connectors on the end. If you get a card in the 9.5" range, I'd suggest looking for one with power connections positioned on the top instead :thup:

Thank you so much MIAHALLEN for all of your help!!! Lovin this build can't wait to get mine finished!!!! :clap:

Hmm...

$100 for a SG05
$100 for a H55N-USB3
$75 for a Silverstone ST45SF

I need an optical drive, so as much as I'd like to trade in my H50 for an H70 and cool with that, I'd have to opt for the Prolimatech Samuel 17 you used in your first build...

Does the SG05 use a standard size optical that you just pop the bezel off, or does it require a slimline one?

Hmm...

$100 for a SG05
$100 for a H55N-USB3
$75 for a Silverstone ST45SF

I need an optical drive, so as much as I'd like to trade in my H50 for an H70 and cool with that, I'd have to opt for the Prolimatech Samuel 17 you used in your first build...

Does the SG05 use a standard size optical that you just pop the bezel off, or does it require a slimline one?

Slimline...and you might not need the SFX PSU depending on what GPU you put in there.....or how much you OC.

Slimline...and you might not need the SFX PSU depending on what GPU you put in there.....or how much you OC.

I'd be on the same kick as Miah, as much power as possible in a small space. It'll pretty much house the rig in my sig, so the video card would be a 5870, and an OC would probably be 3.6ghz ish on an i7 860. My OC habits change from month to month though. For a bit, I"ll be on a "push my chip as far as it can go" binge. For the past few weeks I ran stock speeds on the stock HSF. Just picked up a H50, and have it running 3.6ghz currently, that's what it'd probably be in that machine.

Edit: Mmm... Just saw Silverstone released the SG07 as well (it's been a while since I've looked at ITX cases). $200 and comes with a 600w PSU, and is 3" longer than a SG05/SG06 to accommodate large video cards, without the use of a dremel... Why do these things need to tempt me?

Last edited:
I'd be on the same kick as Miah, as much power as possible in a small space. It'll pretty much house the rig in my sig, so the video card would be a 5870, and an OC would probably be 3.6ghz ish on an i7 860. My OC habits change from month to month though. For a bit, I"ll be on a "push my chip as far as it can go" binge. For the past few weeks I ran stock speeds on the stock HSF. Just picked up a H50, and have it running 3.6ghz currently, that's what it'd probably be in that machine.

Edit: Mmm... Just saw Silverstone released the SG07 as well (it's been a while since I've looked at ITX cases). $200 and comes with a 600w PSU, and is 3" longer than a SG05/SG06 to accommodate large video cards, without the use of a dremel... Why do these things need to tempt me?

Ya I saw that new case too but its a bit more money, at least for me to justify it. I got the H50 as well I hope it works out, maybe it will fit normally since I have a 460GTX going in

Back