• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

JavaRE; "Instalation failed, wizard was interupted"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

videobruce

Any JavaRE later than V6 update7 can't be install without getting this message:
"instalation failed, wizard was interupted"

V6 update 7 installs with no issue.

Details;
XP Pro sp3,
Tried V6 update21 (current) down to update 10 all failed,
These are all the full offline versions direct from their website,
No AV program running,
I even used a specific program to remove all traces of old installs called JavaRa;
http://raproducts.org/wordpress/software
No other error message or error numbers.

Ideas??

I would like to think the program written specifically for Java would work as good if not better. I will look into your suggestion though I doubt this is where the problem is.

I should add, in my other bootable HDD in the same computer up21 installed without a hitch (same O/S).

this kind of thing always has some instalation LOGs.
i have seen the bloody long incomprehensible things, so i am sure they are left hanging out somewhere after your failed install. plus they might toss a useless item into the event viewer thing, giving you more cryptic clues as to the error.

I will take a look if I can find them (probably scattered all over as usual). :rolleyes:
I did delete all "Java" entries but not Sun, JRE or Javasoft entries per Sun's suggestions.

But why would a old version install with no issue??

Back