• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dazed and confused

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TiS_theee

I need some opinions, all I've been doing is reading and researching on variant different GPU's to consider? Or trying to answer questions such as "Will your CPU bottleneck the performance of your new GPU, Will it have enough power and proper Cooling? " All these different terminology's and statistic's to take in and consider.

It gets very overwhelming, when your trying to find the best setup for you, the best deal, etc. So i'll just show you my specs and see if this is decent setup to keep or should i invest into something more recent. I usually play Cod series, Bad company series, l4d, Borderlands, BLUR, and probably anything i can get my hands on for the PC to play. I wouldn't say i'm an extreme gamer, i play my share of games. Just want to check is my system is still versatile enough to keep up with recent release's. Money isn't much of a problem, i need to know before i invest into something can my current setup even handle it. Or what i should consider investing to make my PC more better? lol

Is the 9800GT HD? Some reviews said it was and some didn't. Sorry new to this :shock:

Display= Sony Bravia LCD 32inch 720p DVI/HDMI Play on Resolution of 1368x760 (Wish i waited couple month's so i could got Full HD 1080i TV)
Windows Home Premium 7 X86
CPU = AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE
Motherboard = GA-MA770T-UD3P
PCI-E / AGP = How do you check for this part? I think it's x16 2.0
RAM = 8 GB DDR3 1333
PSU = 700 or 750 watt not sure how to check this either
Current Video Card = Nvidia GeForce 9800GT 512mb

I've seen a lot of people recommending the 5770 or 460, i'm prepared to drop some cash if it's a substantial gain. I'd imagine anything recent will be a great difference.

Last edited:
Hi TiS! Welcome to the OC community! :)
:welcome:

Your system seems to be pretty up-to-date, at a quick glance. As for the GPU, it depends on how much you want to spend. As I'm lazy and like to have things summed up for me, I usually go with THG's monthly "best GPU for the money" article they do. Here's the last one.

Enjoy your new card! :D

Back