• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram timming issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iskatefast

Registered
Booted up my new build the other night!! Still waiting on my main HD so I have no OS yet but I did get into the Bios and was looking around. I'm a rookie with this stuff but I have spent alot of time reading and learning.
I noticed that the ram timming in the Bios reads 9-9-9-24...?? Supposed to be 7-8-7-24. Is this normal?
Specs in my sig.
Also have an issue with the fan controller (NZXT Sentry-2 5.25" Touch Screen fan controller )..fans work, but I can't adjust the fans. I probably have it hooked up wrong.....

Last edited:
About your ram timings, thats easy to solve. Just go to the bios and set the RAM timings manually to what it suppose to be. Done!

RAM defaults to whatever the JDEC setting is on boot unless you've set it differently so 9-9-9-24 would be normal. It's also worth nothing that speed rated RAM, i.e. RAM intended to operate at higher than the JDEC speed or with faster than JDEC timings usually requires a higher than default voltage, so be sure you set your RAM voltage properly before you start OC'ing.

RAM defaults to whatever the JDEC setting is on boot unless you've set it differently so 9-9-9-24 would be normal. It's also worth nothing that speed rated RAM, i.e. RAM intended to operate at higher than the JDEC speed or with faster than JDEC timings usually requires a higher than default voltage, so be sure you set your RAM voltage properly before you start OC'ing.

I did just that. Started palying with the settings and changed the timming and adjusted the ram voltage to 1.65 ..i must have changed something else as well because after saving the settings info showed cpu freq at 3.2!!

Thnaks for the info, This is all new to me. I have to do some more reading and withouth an os is hard to really get into testing anything. I should have the OS installed this weekend and I will run the Bios disc and go from there.
Any ideas on the fan controller?

I did just that. Started palying with the settings and changed the timming and adjusted the ram voltage to 1.65 ..i must have changed something else as well because after saving the settings info showed cpu freq at 3.2!!

Thnaks for the info, This is all new to me. I have to do some more reading and withouth an os is hard to really get into testing anything. I should have the OS installed this weekend and I will run the Bios disc and go from there.
Any ideas on the fan controller?

if your CPU speed went up you might have have changed your refrence clock, ( formerly known as FSB) if you did that might lead to a bit of unstability,

look at your refrence clock and make sure its 200, thats what you mess with then you OC that processor though.

run cpu-z look to the memory tab spd will be there too then reboot set settings boot then check what cpu-z says..
most high performance ram has to be set manually....

Back