Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Disabled
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Heading towards St. Ives
    Posts
    180

    Which shipping method?

    I recently moved to the US. I'm ordering some foodstuffs online, and I'm confronted with two options: Standard shipping for $6.75 or UPS Ground for $6.50.

    I used to live in Canada, and I was well acquainted of the huge fees UPS Ground tacked on. But in America, I suppose there are no fees, and so UPS Ground would be preferable?

  2. #2
    Member nd4spdbh2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Camarillo, CA!
    Posts
    9,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    I recently moved to the US. I'm ordering some foodstuffs online, and I'm confronted with two options: Standard shipping for $6.75 or UPS Ground for $6.50.

    I used to live in Canada, and I was well acquainted of the huge fees UPS Ground tacked on. But in America, I suppose there are no fees, and so UPS Ground would be preferable?
    depends... who does the "standard shipping" if its USPS i prefer them over UPS.
    #12 in the 4ghz core 2 duo club baby! - 52 inches of CRYSIS! - Black Belt Ubercloxx0r -- Heatware
    Main -- Lian Li V2000b -- i7 2700k -- MSI Z68A-GD80 -- 12gb 1600 -- GTX560Ti --Adata 128gb S510 & 2x500gb -- Seasonic S12 600w -- Dell 2209WA
    HTPC -- Silverstone GD05B -- E7200 @ 3.2ghz -- G41-M7 -- 4GB 800mhz -- g210 passive -- 320gb 2.5in WD -- Antec EA 430w -- 52inch Samsung LCD
    Server -- Antec NSK4480B -- E3300 @ 2.5ghz -- ECS G33T-M2 -- 3gb 667mhz -- Onboard Vid -- 500Gb + 1TB hatachi + 1tb WD -- Zalman 400w
    Netbook - Dell Mini 9 - Atom 1.6ghz - 8GB ssd - 2GB pc6400 - WIN 7 PRO!
    Need 4 Speed - BH

  3. #3
    Disabled
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Heading towards St. Ives
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by nd4spdbh2 View Post
    depends... who does the "standard shipping" if its USPS i prefer them over UPS.
    I assume it's USPS. Why would you prefer them over UPS?

  4. #4
    Member nd4spdbh2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Camarillo, CA!
    Posts
    9,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    I assume it's USPS. Why would you prefer them over UPS?
    usually their rates are cheaper and shipping times are better. but i have never had a package not show up in the alotted time, or damaged from either service. I just deal with USPS alot more on my end shipping stuff out.
    #12 in the 4ghz core 2 duo club baby! - 52 inches of CRYSIS! - Black Belt Ubercloxx0r -- Heatware
    Main -- Lian Li V2000b -- i7 2700k -- MSI Z68A-GD80 -- 12gb 1600 -- GTX560Ti --Adata 128gb S510 & 2x500gb -- Seasonic S12 600w -- Dell 2209WA
    HTPC -- Silverstone GD05B -- E7200 @ 3.2ghz -- G41-M7 -- 4GB 800mhz -- g210 passive -- 320gb 2.5in WD -- Antec EA 430w -- 52inch Samsung LCD
    Server -- Antec NSK4480B -- E3300 @ 2.5ghz -- ECS G33T-M2 -- 3gb 667mhz -- Onboard Vid -- 500Gb + 1TB hatachi + 1tb WD -- Zalman 400w
    Netbook - Dell Mini 9 - Atom 1.6ghz - 8GB ssd - 2GB pc6400 - WIN 7 PRO!
    Need 4 Speed - BH

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •