• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

first fan controller-need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iskatefast

Registered
Got a NZXt sentry 2 controller. This is my first controller and my first build. I can not get the controoler to do anything but light up. I can change between manual /auto, can see temps but i can't controll rpm on any of the 5 fans I have connected..I'm doing something wrong , just don't know what....

Got a NZXt sentry 2 controller. This is my first controller and my first build. I can not get the controoler to do anything but light up. I can change between manual /auto, can see temps but i can't controll rpm on any of the 5 fans I have connected..I'm doing something wrong , just don't know what....

You know, I was looking at that very same product yesterday at Fry's. I went home and read some reviews on it and for some reason some people were having problems with it controlling the speed of Cooler Master brand fans.

Otherwise, the instructions also suck. Supposedly.

You know, I was looking at that very same product yesterday at Fry's. I went home and read some reviews on it and for some reason some people were having problems with it controlling the speed of Cooler Master brand fans.

Otherwise, the instructions also suck. Supposedly.

I wouldn't call them instructions at all. I am a rookie with this building stuff and I plugged the 4-pin connectors from my fans( antec stock) and then to the power supply....nada.

are they connected to the 3pin fan headers on the controller and nothing else? If not, the controller won't work...sounds like you have them hooked up to your PSU

are they connected to the 3pin fan headers on the controller and nothing else? If not, the controller won't work...sounds like you have them hooked up to your PSU

the sentry comes with 3pin/4pin connectors. I plugged them into the fans and then into the power supply...I also tried another fan that I have that has piggy-back 4 pin connectors in every configuration possible to no avail...

there is also a 4 channel and a 6 channel (extreme) sunbeam rheobus which handles alot of power per channel and is ez pz hookup and is all 3pin connectors.. 4pins are for PWM

http://www.allpinouts.org/index.php/Motherboard_(CPU)_3_Pin_Fan_Connector

your fan should connect like that to the back of the controller. AND NOTHING ELSE. there might be extra connectors on the cable or you may have to run an adapter from 4 pin molex, but it should be the only connection you have. It sounds like you have connected the fans to the psu via molex rather than power the controller via molex and connect the fans to the controller.

there is also a 4 channel and a 6 channel (extreme) sunbeam rheobus which handles alot of power per channel and is ez pz hookup and is all 3pin connectors.. 4pins are for PWM

Just so I understand this right. The Stock fans on the Antec 900 case are pwm fans w/ 4 pin conectors and wont work with the sentry??

Just so I understand this right. The Stock fans on the Antec 900 case are pwm fans w/ 4 pin conectors and wont work with the sentry??

incorrect. Stock antec fans run molex only and need to be adapted to connect to the controller.

incorrect. Stock antec fans run molex only and need to be adapted to connect to the controller.
Thanks guys! I new I did something wrong. I had the fans hooked up to both the controller power and the psu. Unplugged the psu connections and wow, it works now.

Back