Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for good Exhaust and Intake fans

Hello!

I want to add some fan to my case and I was wondering which fan I should be looking at.

I have a CM 690 II and I was thinking at adding two 120mm bottom (intake #4) or one 140mm HDD bay (intake #7) and one bottom.

Also one 140mm top (exhaust #1) or one side (exhaust #5).

Note: there's already 3 fan #1 (max two top), #3 and #2.

That'd bring me to a total of 6 fans (3 stock fan + 3 new fans); 3 intakes and 3 exhausts. I'd like to have a negative pressure so I may add the intel fan (I reused it) on one of the side spot to add some exhaust air to keep the negative pressure... So what are you thinking about this and which fan you would get?

My budget is about 30-40 box, I'll probably need some cable adapter as I only have 4-pins connectors left...

Well, the coolermaster R4 fans are very good, they are 120mm and provide 70cfm and are really quiet, i have one in the back of my case and im sure it can dry my wet hair in two minutes, its a very reliable fan and i bought it for 7 dollars at compusa

Water Cooling Sticky Reading Enforcement Official
    Author Profile Heatware Profile
    r4's are average at best...they're noisy for the air they move.
    If years were seasons, this December would be the December of our December.
    -Abed #sixseasonsandamovie

Heat

Quote Originally Posted by m0r7if3r View Post
    r4's are average at best...they're noisy for the air they move.
    I think they are average if compared to a Delta fan, but i think they provide enough air and are quiet enough for my liking, helps keep my Phenom II X4 at 67 degrees Fahrenheit even with the ambient temp being at around 75 all aircooled.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 925 O.C (3.0 ghz)
    GPU: ATI XFX 5770 (930/1300 O.C)
    MOBO: ASUS M4A785-M
    RAM: 4GB PNY DDR2
    HDD: 1TB Caviar Black 64MB/ 7200RPM
    COOLER: ZeroTherm Nirvana NV120 Premium
    FANS: 4x120mm, 2x40mm, 1x80mm
    PSU: EagleTech VoltasX 500w
    MOUSE: Logitech MX518 // KEYBOARD: Saitek Eclispe II
    MONITOR: Acer G20
    5h

They are average compared to all fans. That is what average means, better than some worse than some in about equal proportions

Heat

They are average compared to all fans. That is what average means, better than some worse than some in about equal proportions
    I know, just thought you meant they were nothing special, but ofcourse, htere are better fans and worse fans too
    5h

Wants Old Title Back
    Didn't Get It
    Author Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by andrethaiss View Post
    I know, just thought you meant they were nothing special, but ofcourse, htere are better fans and worse fans too
    The biggest issue is how many fan types have you conducted solid tests on? Or are you just going with your opinion. If you are like most of us, in a 5-10 year period we might go through 4-6 types of new fans for new builds. And thats not near enough to base any quantitative results on.

There are MANY good links to proper fan testing done by the pros. So saying they are good can mess someone up if the noob just goes with your comment. I would never recommend those fans because I have seen the testing results and remember the wild claims Coolermaster made. It was quickly disproven, was a pretty funny joke around for a while.

At work so can't give you a batch of links for a few 100 fans tested.
    I want my old title back.
    Old beast is torn down.
    Will update later.

900 watt (1500VA) UPS
    27" ASUS VG 3D/Nvidia V2 3D glasses and 24" Acer H243H

Quote Originally Posted by Conumdrum View Post
    The biggest issue is how many fan types have you conducted solid tests on? Or are you just going with your opinion. If you are like most of us, in a 5-10 year period we might go through 4-6 types of new fans for new builds. And thats not near enough to base any quantitative results on.

There are MANY good links to proper fan testing done by the pros. So saying they are good can mess someone up if the noob just goes with your comment. I would never recommend those fans because I have seen the testing results and remember the wild claims Coolermaster made. It was quickly disproven, was a pretty funny joke around for a while.

At work so can't give you a batch of links for a few 100 fans tested.
    Then what fans would you recommend, cause i have only tried Apevia, Thermaltake, Silenx and Coolermaster fans and they all seem pretty good, but i liked the coolermaster and silenx the most, but since my pc needs some personality, i prefer the r4 with leds.
    5h

Yeah I've just got the 120 Antec Tri-cools and they work fine and are killer green. The (2) 140s are basic Antec and are quiet. I run nice and cool even in high ambient temps.
    Only Rig:
    BIOSTAR A770 A2+
    AMD 5600+ Windsor @ 3.05 - Hammer Down!
    4 GB KINGSTON Hyper X PC2-6400
    WD Velociraptor 150, WD 640 BLK.
    SEASONIC SD12 Super Silent Series 850W
    ANTEC 300 Case
    BFG 9600GT OC 512
    At least I have a rig! :>)

10 Year Badge
    My new favorite and only fans I use in my case are Gentle Typhoons. They push less air than some other fans in free air, but their noise signature is awesome.
    I5 2500K @ 4.5ghz 1v idle 1.32v load | P8P67 Pro | MSI 7950 | 32GB Ripjaws | MCR320+RX120+MCP355+Apogee XT

hello,
    I'm currently having the same case as the thread owner has....
    and I've already sold most of my stock fans comin' with case so I'm currently lookin' for replacement

what came across my mind is having another delta to fit inside my case (PWM controlled of course)...
    but I'm slightly worried for they power consumption since I can't afford to upgrade my PSU right now (you can see my rig on my sig)

any thought what fans should I grab?
    currently I'm interested to grab some 120mm yates, which I can't tell what the model is . but the seller claim that the yates are rated for 88CFM, 2200RPM @44dB...
    these fans come with only two wire (power only), the power consumption as stated by the seller is 0.3A @12v....
    will these yates be a decent choice?

thx in advance
    E6420 @uncertain where to stop | P965 DQ6 | 2x Patriot 1GB + 1x Kingston 1GB, timming still undiced | 1950 XTX | TX-650
    VenX+9SG | more denkis on the case

10 Year Badge
    Never been impressed by any of the Yates. Noisy and the airflow isn't really all that good. What you get really depends on what is available in Indonesia. If you have the option of Deltas, that's how I would look, but spend some time comparing specs so you get the most bang for your buck.

Quote Originally Posted by stool View Post
    Never been impressed by any of the Yates. Noisy and the airflow isn't really all that good. What you get really depends on what is available in Indonesia. If you have the option of Deltas, that's how I would look, but spend some time comparing specs so you get the most bang for your buck.
    the great thing about yates is the noise/performance/dollar

Heat

Insatiably Malcontent
    10 Year Badge
    the great thing about yates is the noise/performance/dollar
    Yup, that's why I like them. And they last a long time, too. They're not super amazing, but they're quality sleeve bearing fans at a very good price point.
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 | 2500K @ 4.6GHz | 2x4GB Samsung DDR3 | GTX 750 Ti 2GB
    120GB Crucial M4 | 2x 2TB Samsung F4 | Seasonic S12 600w
    y2 DAC --> Custom M^3 --> Custom LM3875 ChipAmp --> Modula MTs
    Dual Dell 2007WFP | Watercooled

i have the same case. gentle typhoons are without a doubt #1, but expensive. if you are looking for something inexpensive and quiet get fans with fluid dynamic bearings. silverstone fans are very good, especially the air penetrators. gelid fans have good bearings and are relatively inexpensive. masscool ball bearing fans arent bad for the price and you can lay them horizontally without ruining them.

if youre looking for the least expensive fans of decent quality, yate loons all the way. but they are sleeve bearing fans which dont last as long.
    evga x58 3 way sli mobo
    intel i7 930 @4.3(207x21)
    sparkle gtx580
    cm690 ii advanced
    xfx 850w psu
    noctua nh-d-14
    gskill pi 1600@ 1652(6-8-6-20) 6GB memory
    ocz vertex2 120GB 3.5" ssd
    wd caviar blue 1TB

+1 to the Gentle Typhoons =D. I have 4 running at the moment. 2 1850s and 2 1150's. For 1850RPM fans, they're extremely quiet. Especially because it's more of a low hum for the noise they produce over a higher hiss.
    \m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/
    Motherboard - Asus Z87i Pro
    CPU - Pentium G3258 Unlocked, 4.2ghz @ 1.2v + Noctua U9B-SE2
    RAM - 16GB G Skill Ares 1866CL10
    GPU - EVGA GTX 750 Ti
    Storage - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB + 960Gb Crucial SSD
    Case - Ncase(Lian Li) M1
    PSU - Silverstone SFX 450W Gold Modular
    OS - Windows 8.1
    Peripherals - Leopold FC700R Graphite Brown MX + G700s
    Screen(s) - Dell U2711
    Audio - Audioengine 5+ + Audioengine D1 + Wharfdale SW150 /w Shure SRH 1840 Headphones

thx for all the inputs guys....

always wanted the gentle thypoon as the permanent solutions for my case fans, but yet I can't find any in Indonesia
    guess the yates are not so bad either huh?

maybe I'll grab them as a temporary solution, coz they're surely cheap...
    they should be fun to toy with for a while before I can manage to get more deltas :rocks:

as for the gelid, and silverstone...
    maybe I'll skip them for now, for the cost sake really

again,
    thx for all the suggestions
    E6420 @uncertain where to stop | P965 DQ6 | 2x Patriot 1GB + 1x Kingston 1GB, timming still undiced | 1950 XTX | TX-650
    VenX+9SG | more denkis on the case

Insatiably Malcontent
    10 Year Badge
    Quote Originally Posted by fundip View Post
    if youre looking for the least expensive fans of decent quality, yate loons all the way. but they are sleeve bearing fans which dont last as long.
    They've actually lasted quite a while for me - probably a couple of years now. They're all placed vertically. Some of the expensive Scythe fans I bought - the ones with smaller hubs - died surprisingly quickly with gummed up bearings.
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 | 2500K @ 4.6GHz | 2x4GB Samsung DDR3 | GTX 750 Ti 2GB
    120GB Crucial M4 | 2x 2TB Samsung F4 | Seasonic S12 600w
    y2 DAC --> Custom M^3 --> Custom LM3875 ChipAmp --> Modula MTs
    Dual Dell 2007WFP | Watercooled

19. Thanks!

inVain (04-21-11)

10 Year Badge
    johann851, just curious...did you by chance oil them up, and with what? I know of cases where fans have gotten gooey after using 3-in-1 oil.

Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Yate fan here.

Main Rig: 4770K | NH-D14 | Z87 Sabertooth | 16GB (2x8GB) Sniper 1833 | Powercolor 7950 | Seasonic 860W Platinum
    Home Server: 4130T | NH-C12P | Z87-G55 | 8GB (2x4GB) Ares 2133 | Seasonic X650

Folding User Stats

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast