• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pentuim Doal-Core at 7.6Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wish, my computer crashed about 30 seconds after I took those screens, I've got it back at 3.5Ghz again because I think I might burn my house down if I do 7 again, even on my ice water system.

I wish, my computer crashed about 30 seconds after I took those screens, I've got it back at 3.5Ghz again because I think I might burn my house down if I do 7 again, even on my ice water system.

If it crashed that quickly I don't consider it an achievement. IMO only stable usable clocks are something to brag about.

If it crashed that quickly I don't consider it an achievement. IMO only stable usable clocks are something to brag about.

It wasn't really a bragging thing, it was more of a; HOLY S#!T IT'S RUNNING AT 7.6 EFFING GHz! IS THIS POSSIBLE? SOMEBODY PROVE ME WRONG, PLEASE>

you know?

Why dont you use CPU-Z? it's pretty much the defacto for showing CPU speeds.

Well, I didn't have CPU-Z installed to tell you the truth, I wasn't trying for such a high OC at all, I miss typed my FSB clock to nearly double my 3.3 OC from before on accident, I was just ecstatic that it even ran windows!

I don't think it's possible not on water....

what exactly was your cooling system?

what voltage on the CPU?

looks like a tarfanian phase duplication event.
if you can repeat the occurance, please contact Mr Hawkings, as it would begin to prove the dimentional string shifting events that will occur in 2012. If you have trouble rephasing the CPU though you could try mentioning how you accomplished the frequency adjustement that took it out of phase.

I don't think it's possible not on water....

what exactly was your cooling system?

what voltage on the CPU?

I have it in a custom loop with a 4X140 RAD and an Ice-box, voltages are and were at 1.344Vcore

I really don't even know how I got into windows or did anything at all except spontaneously combust.

looks like a tarfanian phase duplication event.
if you can repeat the occurance, please contact Mr Hawkings, as it would begin to prove the dimentional string shifting events that will occur in 2012. If you have trouble rephasing the CPU though you could try mentioning how you accomplished the frequency adjustement that took it out of phase.

I wish...

764 FSB? Uhh, what mobo/RAM is that on?

Just an xfx nforce 750i sli, but the ram is Patriot dual channel ULL ram at 4-4-4-12 timings.

Thankfully I didn't hurt anything, haha.
And it was at 724 not 764, that would just be crazy!

I was trying to hit around 1289 for the FSB but i typed 2899 instead.

Last edited:
Just an xfx nforce 750i sli, but the ram is Patriot dual channel ULL ram at 4-4-4-12 timings.

Thankfully I didn't hurt anything, haha.
And it was at 724 not 764, that would just be crazy!

Oh sure, and 724 is sane??

Time to plug in those same settings and nab CPU-Z validation ;)

Ive seen windows get confused at what clock speed im running before. It was usually xp too..

7.6ghz @ 1.34 = lol not a chance :)

Sorry to burst your bubble but it's not physically possible. It's just a glitch. You may have been overclocking, and it may have been unstable, but it wasn't running that fast. Consider the fact that some of the best overclockers in the world, that bin chips for a living, only ever managed 5.98 Ghz on a E6300 Pentium Dual Core (on LN2)
Water and 1.34V won't cut it... sorry.

Fun to see though :)

Back