• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows 7 ult.64 new install ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iskatefast

Registered
Trying to load my OS for the first time on my new build and it isn't working.
Have tried multiple options and keep getting "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing" on collection of information step....
I added a Kingston SNV425-S2BD/64 last night and went to install windows and got stopped cold.
I have tried isolating the drives and everything. No matter what what drive I try to use..same issue...

Problems installing Windows are nearly always related to either the installation disk being bad, or bad memory, If you burned your disk from a .ISO then redownload the file and burn another disk, if it's a regular disk then inspect the data side for heavy scratches then hold the disk up to the light and look for holes in the foil side. Then run a memory test.

Problems installing Windows are nearly always related to either the installation disk being bad, or bad memory, If you burned your disk from a .ISO then redownload the file and burn another disk, if it's a regular disk then inspect the data side for heavy scratches then hold the disk up to the light and look for holes in the foil side. Then run a memory test.

+1 and if possible I sugjest using a usb to install with.

Agreeing with the crowd here. I've had multiple "bad installs" due to faulty source media. I almost exclusively use USB keys/drives for my installs now because of this. :shrug:

well i was able to load a crack copy of the 32 bit system . Still getting same error if I try 64. After trying everything I can , loooks as if the sata drivers are wrong for the 64 bit OS..can't figure this out......

You need to re-read the forum's guidelines and rules that you agreed to when you signed up here, specifically under Ground Rules #10...

ABSOLUTELY no posting of Warez (Pirated Software) or links to Warez sites

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/announcement.php?f=15&a=69

Thread closed... redduc900

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back