• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hdparm 9.30 Windows Binary

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You'll probably have to install cygwin and run it there, until somebody finally decides to build it for windows and release the bin.

I got it to run under cygwin... This is the first and only option that works (i had to set a couple of if(){} blocks to if(1) or if(0) to make it work... on getting drive info that's probably not going to cause a problem, but i'm not sure about options that write drive parameters... i'll try to get the acoustic option to work next.

whatsit.bmp

Edit: It's not looking like it wants to work because all three drive paths are returning the same generic data. Probably fixable.

notworking.jpg

Edit2: Adding some kernel32.dll windows.h API stuff lets me at least extract hard drive serial numbers... so there is hope of adding more operations by replacing the incompatible linux code with windows calls that extract or write the same low level information. I guess this is what porting something is all about :)

cygwin.jpg

Last edited:
Trading with low minimum deposit

Do you guys know/use any site that has a minimal deposit that is lower than 50$ for binary / forex trading?
Thanks

Do you guys know/use any site that has a minimal deposit that is lower than 50$ for binary / forex trading?
Thanks

No, but I found out that those serial numbers are the Windows XP serial numbers given to the drives, not the actual hard drive serial numbers themselves... That's lower level information that's probably drive specific so you'd need specifications from each manufacturer but I'd bet the extraction method is similar across drives from a single manufacturer released within a reasonable time frame (say... the last 3 years maybe). Just guessing here, it could be the same extraction method for all manufacturers (not as likely).

I'm not going to work on this anytime soon unless a magic database of drive specific low level operations is made available. The best bet is to look at the manufacturer's website that made your drive and see if they offer some kind of tool that lets you manipulate the acoustic settings or possibly turning the ECC (Error Correction Code) off/on. :comp:

Back