• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is there a simple at home checkbook banking register type program for W7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1eyedjak

I have an old program..used it since w98 and it worked fine on XP. It will not work on W7 and there is no support for it so I am stuck.

I liked it cause it was super simple to use. looked just like a checkbook register...just input debits and credits and was able to keep up with bank balance without getting on line. also allowed me to input pending transactions in order to see what the balance was going to be in advance.

I need something simple like this for W7.

whats out there?

the old program I had was like dirt cheap as well cause it was basic. which is all I need.

Why have a separate program when you can just create a simple formula in excel? As already mentioned, openoffice has a free version of excel that works great.

Search for Buddi on sourceforge.net. I use it and it's simple to use. Hope its what you're looking for.

Right click on its Setup.exe and see if you can use the Compatibility TAB for Win98.

And/or after it installs right click on the installed program exe and do the same. Sometimes this works for some older programs.

Back