• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS revision for M4A89GTD PRO USB3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

i6pwr

Sorry Dolk if I repeated my PM, but my message folder showed "0" sent. Happened before when I sent someone else a message so I assume i'm doing something wrong.

My BIOS I believe is 1456 dated 5/14/10, another set of characters I have is " MBECB-0011"

I would like someone to let me know which BIOS revision I need if any..i'm always uneasy about updating a BIOS, I appreciate any help, thanks.

Edit... i'm using Win 7 64

So from my understanding, you would like to know if it is wise to update your BIOS? The answer is yes. You should always update your BIOS to the latest one given by the manufacture.

Follow the instructions in your manual to update your BIOS. Its real simple and you should not worry about bricking your board.

I didn't go from the manual but went to the ASUS site, entered my MB specs and OS and was given a list of revisions:

33 files found
Qualified Vendor List (3)
BIOS (5) [BIOS History]
Chipset (1)
AUDIO (1)
LAN (1)
USB (1)
Utilities (15)
Manual (6)

I will use the manual as stated but this is what threw me off...just want to be sure.

Thanks again.

Alright I see why you are messed up know. Let figure out whats going on.

I appreciate the help....will wait till I hear back before I update anything.

I left word with someone I know at ASUS, hopefully he will let me know whats going on.

My guess is that the 1605 BIOS is just a typo. Mostly because there is a beta 1606 out right now and 1605 was never made final (as far as I know).

Sorry Dolk if I repeated my PM, but my message folder showed "0" sent. Happened before when I sent someone else a message so I assume i'm doing something wrong.

My BIOS I believe is 1456 dated 5/14/10, another set of characters I have is " MBECB-0011"

I would like someone to let me know which BIOS revision I need if any..i'm always uneasy about updating a BIOS, I appreciate any help, thanks.

Edit... i'm using Win 7 64

i fired up my new board this weekend too..my current bios was dated 5/14 so i didn't update. I would like to see what comes of this..
On a side note, I could not get Win. 7 64 to load on my system..did you have any issues?

i fired up my new board this weekend too..my current bios was dated 5/14 so i didn't update. I would like to see what comes of this..
On a side note, I could not get Win. 7 64 to load on my system..did you have any issues?

No issues loading Win 7 64 on mine either.

Are you still wondering about updated BIOS for the your Mobo? There has been some more updates since this post.

Back