• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was planning on purchasing a GTS450, but after the feedback y'all provided I'm going to look for something else in my price range.

PS - I have a good friend of mine that keeps up with current events in the tech world and he told me not to buy any more ATI because they are ceasing to manufacture them anymore. Y'all familiar with this?

well, they are ceasing to brand them as ATI, they are going to brand as AMD since AMD bought out ATI a while ago. I think they are still gonna make the chips and cards though.

I was planning on purchasing a GTS450, but after the feedback y'all provided I'm going to look for something else in my price range.

PS - I have a good friend of mine that keeps up with current events in the tech world and he told me not to buy any more ATI because they are ceasing to manufacture them anymore. Y'all familiar with this?

So you were one the guys that was about to get it just because you have heard of it? Hahaha... Like somebody said here.. For future DX11 games, GTS450 will be too weak, just like 8600GT was a weakling for DX10 games. Just 16 rops, 32 taus, 128 bit memory bus, and 192 cuda cores - kinda sounds like a majorly castrated original GTX260 to me, despite high memory speed, still twice slower in memory bandwidth.

Last edited:
well there are very few submissions on HWBOT for the gts 450 so it will be easy to get some boints. just sayin.

So you were one the guys that was about to get it just because you have heard of it? Hahaha... Like somebody said here.. For future DX11 games, GTS450 will be too weak, just like 8600GT was a weakling for DX10 games. Just 16 rops, 32 taus, 128 bit memory bus, and 192 cuda cores - kinda sounds like a majorly castrated original GTX260 to me, despite high memory speed, still twice slower in memory bandwidth.

Yea... I am not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to newer vid card technology. I'm just trying to get the best bang for my buck - which is why after many of kind words of advice from fellow techies like yourself I purchased a Palit GTX 260 1GB card :D.

Back