• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows 64 bit will not load

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iskatefast

Registered
Sorry for the mistep on the last thread.
So I can load windows 32 bit no problem. 64 bit wont even start. Disc is good, loaded it on another system. Tried loading on to multiple hard drives from my new Kingston SSD to an older WD Ide drive....error message - a ad/dvd drive driver is missing...

have you tried using a different cd drive? are you installing from a sata drive? does the version of windows you are using have the drivers for your on-board sata controller?

have you tried using a different cd drive? are you installing from a sata drive? does the version of windows you are using have the drivers for your on-board sata controller?

I am using a sata drive. Tried an an older sata drive, and a ide drive. Same outcome.Searching the net and finding multiple issues/fixes. I need to check wich windows version I have...

my tech guys is telling me :
Your issue is with the chipet recognizing the hard drive and initialing 64 drivers for it.
Is he right? and how can i fix?

you could try putting the install files on USB key and installing from it?
There's a utility and various different ways of installing from this thread
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=653851

Thanks for the link. I will try this tonight. This is my first build and I am a little frustrated. I spent hours yesterday reading pages and pages of stories of people haveing this issue. Seems the problem happens to alot of people but the details are always just a little bit different. And I found about a 1000 ways to fix ...i just don't trust most of them, that's why I come here.
Last night I updated the Bios, tried one stick of ram....set bios back to stock..nothing. 32 BIT Loaded in less than 10 minutes. Another funny thing is that windows device manager shows my 500 gig drive but I can't load anything on it. :bang head

What system are you trying to install win7 64 bit on? The one in your sig?

SATA set to AHCI in the BIOS? Are you loading the drivers via floppy drive?

ISO? Is this an actual legit version of XP x64 or a pirated version? If the latter, you're gonna be on your own.

thsi is a legit copy of windows 7 64 bit. My neighbor builds/repairs systems and he owed me a favor. This actual disc has been loaded on other systems. It is a good copy according to (the neighbor). When we ran into trouble this weekend we tried installing the 32 bit version. No problems at all. He is busy and hasn't had the time to help me. I am a novice and this is my first build. He tells me it is a chipset driver issue, that the 64 bit drivers are missing.

Do you have a PATA DVD drive you can try? Also try setting the SATA ports to ATA or Compatibility mode (also called Legacy mode sometimes). That should cause it to emulate something the installer disc should have drivers for. Also, make sure 64bit support isn't turned off in the BIOS.

You might wanna check the motherboard manufacturer to see if there is an updated BIOS. You may have to flash your BIOS to fix this.

I think your problem is right there. How was the iso written? Who did it?
Load that disc then right click on dvd drive to open/view its contents...and capture screenshot.

I will get the screen shots up tonight. Thanks very much for helping me out!

You might wanna check the motherboard manufacturer to see if there is an updated BIOS. You may have to flash your BIOS to fix this.

I flashed the bios a couple days ago. Updated everything I could. I may just be missing something simple but I am still learning about this stuff and at 42 is takes longer !!

I think your problem is right there. How was the iso written? Who did it?
Load that disc then right click on dvd drive to open/view its contents...and capture screenshot.

If that's correct then I'm closing this thread, as it's clearly NOT a legitimate purchased copy of Windows 7.

Back